The Cycle of Life

Giantrider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I cant find this on any search, which surprises me very much...

But here is something i found from the Banff film festival titled "Life Cycles"

Runs for 40 mins, you'll work out how to get to the next video segment...

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nMOwEntENQo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

No more words needed, hope you enjoy it! if you haven't seen it...

Red Peekay

Likes Dirt
Managed to get a copy whilst in Canada earlier this year. Shot in and around where I ski at Red Mountain, features my Bike tech from Rossland. A beautifully shot video, some of the slow motion footage is simply amazing.

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Its a love or hate thing with this movie.

Great cinematography, but pretty average mtb scenes and movie over all i thought.
If you like movies with funky shots rather than good riding then you will like it.

kjf

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I quite liked it but as said above it wasn't "WOW did he just do that??!"

As I've been out of the loop, what are some good mtb movies to watch? (Not little clips on pinkbike).

By the way, I'm not trying to derail the thread.

DH - racer

Likes Dirt
I quite liked it but as said above it wasn't "WOW did he just do that??!"

As I've been out of the loop, what are some good mtb movies to watch? (Not little clips on pinkbike).

By the way, I'm not trying to derail the thread.
follow me is a good one if you havent seen that. im cant wait till 3 minute gaps comes out(the one clay porter is making) it looks good

Ridenparadise

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It is a lovely movie. It brings out the trailbuilder in me rather than the rider. Not so many balls to the walls stunts, but a worthwhile purchase for sure.

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
follow me is a good one if you havent seen that. im cant wait till 3 minute gaps comes out(the one clay porter is making) it looks good
Good old "mono-tone clay porter" again. Good footage of the race circuit (from the year before) but he needs to give up on the documentary style. God its boring. And to be honest.. because its on last years WC rounds, i've already seen them so i know what happened. So its not like its new footage or something if you get me?
Clay is an amazing filmer, but man he makes a fun thing boring.

Personally films that clicked for me were "Seasons" & "Follow Me" which gave both good cinematography, sick shots and great riding and still showed a good bit of the life of mountain bikers outside of just riding (eg. digging, chilling out etc).

At the end of the day they're all worth watching. Its just like saying, a bad day of mountain biking is still a good day!

taitt

Likes Dirt
Life cycles is a favourite at the shop I work at. Semenuk in the corn fields is probably my favourite section in any movie except for maybe the end scene of Seasons. So sick.

T.3

Likes Dirt
What riding was in it I really liked, there just wasnt enough. When it got about 7mins in and no one had actually ridden a bike yet I started to get a bit sus.

As someone said its love or hate. If you want a mountain bike movie with a lot of mountain biking this isn't for you. If you want something that tries to show the sport in a broader way and step outside the box you might like it, I didn't.

Red Peekay

Likes Dirt
ROAM by the Collective and "The Collective" by the collective are amazing mtb movies. I was disappointed by their release Seasons, didn't think it as good as the first two.