The day my dad kicked my ass on a bike

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
Twas a beautiful sunday afternoon with clear blue skys and fresh grass... "what to do what to do" i said to myself.... after seconds of thinking i thought "i will BUILD a track. a bit of trials, with a bit of NS." so off to work i went for a whole 20 minutes making a track outta wood and brick crates. Finally it was complete. A bunny hop to a crate then ride a bridge to another crate which is higher, then a drop at the end. At that time, i had the taste of sucess that i had finally built my "first and EVER" bike track, all i needed to do was ride it. So, i hoped on my bike; got up the crate nicely, rode the bridge, NOSE dived the drop :oops: :oops: .... it would have been ok if my dad wasn't watching. He stood and laughed at me, then called me a pussy..... "i'd like to see you do it" i said to my dad "aight, give it here...." he hoped on the bike, RODE over the crate, RODE cleanly over the bridge and then rolled down the drop.... seriously, how embarrasing. my dad gave the bike back to me and said "haha, i'm 53 years old, i haven't been on a bike in 20 years and i still kick ya arse...."

i think he must practice when i'm at school

*shame... shame...............shame :cry: *

just goes to show: they may be old and they may be grey, but those old farts'll take us on any day :p

josh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
lol bad luck mate

just go point him in the direction of the nearest 30 foot double, that will wipe the smile off his face (and quite possibly break it on impact when he hits the ground face first) :)

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
hahaha, nah i wouldn't do that - my dads an awesome fella
but ROFL - if i pointed him to a 30 foot double he'd probably be like "ohhh what the heck" then pull a superman, x-up, super dooper trick 360'.....

Ty

Eats Squid
i don't know why but this story reminds me of this pic

tabled one handed superman seat grab nac nac on a pink 20 inch girls bike

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
Ty - holy crep, thats madcore
Insane - my dads not hardcore, its just i'm a pussy. hahaha, oh well. i'm sure i'm not the first one who got beaten by their dad. atleast it wasn't my mom

S.

ex offender
CHEWY said:
whaaaaaa. is that real or photoshopped. either way that a classic
Not photoshopped... someone did some "test" of a kids bike, and this was the flogging they gave it.

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
lol thats a kewl photo, all thats missing is the 6 year old girl riding it. (not being sexist but u mentioned it was a girls bike)

Ty

Eats Squid
from what i've heard the pic is real, the little girls bike they found had almost the same geometry as the guys dirtjumping BMX and the guy was super smooth, search for V10 road gap on eMpTy BeeR.com and it has pics of the same guy hitting it up on a V10.

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Socket said:
Not photoshopped...
So it's not photoshopped eh ? Well lets assume it's not, so it's a 4 shot sequense then?!
So why are the first 2 frames so close and the next 2 so far apart ?He would have bveen moving fastest as he hit the ramp therefore those 2 frames should be the furthest apart.

Also, if it's not photoshopped how did that shadow boarder get on the pic ?? :wink:

Something to think about.....

Mason

Likes Dirt
My dad went to the mountains, he wore nothing except pants, shirt and sandals down a crazy ass trail. I went before him, but he beat me down! I was surprised

nhd

Likes Dirt
[quote="Gutty] it's not photoshopped eh ? Well lets assume it's not, so it's a 4 shot sequense then?!
So why are the first 2 frames so close and the next 2 so far apart ?He would have bveen moving fastest as he hit the ramp therefore those 2 frames should be the furthest apart.

Also, if it's not photoshopped how did that shadow boarder get on the pic ?? :wink:

Something to think about.....[/quote]

i dunno if thats sarcasm but
a) the frames are different lengths apart because the method used to capture the sequence allows you to choose which frames you want in the final
b) that border with the shadow, is just a fancy border.

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
a) yeah, your prolly right, more than anything i was trying to disagree with Socket, it's a favourite pass time of mine ;) but.......if you are right about cutting out the unwanted frames, it would seem he's cutt out 4-6 frames making it an 8-10 shot sequense........not too many cameras can even do that. Don't get the wrong idea here, i'm no expert, just having a bit of a guess really.

b)Nuth'n but sarcasm.

perfor8r

Likes Dirt
gonna play Devil's Advocate and keep this one going...if it's not Photoshopped, then why is there no shadow of the rider whilst he's in mid-air?
look at the shadows on the shrubs, they're at such an angle where you can tell, the sun is low on the horizon, so why can't we see a shadow of him?

Sweet pic none the less!