The De'ag Race course.

Silver Wahoo

Likes Dirt
Hey guys

Does anyone know if the De'ag course used for the first QLD state round was the same as the One they used a few months back.

I could'nt race on the weekend but trying to compare my time from the previous race to the weekends.

Cheers

Lets ride... :D :D :D

Silver Wahoo

Likes Dirt
They had a "time trial" up there a few months ago to see how the venue would go. It had a good turn out. The descriptions I've read thus far make it sound like the original course.

Cheers :D

DOM

Eats Squid
yeah same course then Silver, I heard someone say they had a time trial there .. although it may have had different start and finish area's .. It started right at the top .. then ended on a wooden bridge down the bottom.

Ty

Eats Squid
there was small changes still being made before lunch, just to make it safer really, i saw enough riders blow through berms and fall off the side of the mountain that i went and found a mattok and shovel and leveled/fixed some dodgy bits of the track, me and tash ended up getting a free lunch and coke for our efforts. i just didn't want to see anyone hurt themself due to poor design in some sections.

Farkin.net supporting local racing.

roKeMS

Squid
are you saying the track was below par Ty??
i've heard a few stories now of people stacking coz the speed vs track width was a bit dicey. :?:
If the track is getting fixed while it's falling apart it doesn't sound tooo promising to me :cry: - might as well have been run at the underwood bmx track haha. :D

Ty

Eats Squid
i'm not sure exactly what was going on but in places the track was deteriorating because of the number of riders and people were hitting lines harder than was expected. it's really like anything, the track could of been left as it was and riders would of had to of delt with it by riding slower or more conservatively, but by race time the track had found some form and held up very well for the rest of the day, props to ziggy for helping out scott through out the day.

i'm sure that most of the racers will admit it all came good in the end.

blacky

Likes Dirt
it was very diferent to most tracks ,hard to stay in control and not over cook a berm,we had a great day of racing.
thanks for keeping the corners together ty ,im shore it saved my life

Shane J

Likes Dirt
I do not want to upset the people who put the race on and the hard effort by those who built the track, but it sucked.
Before you jump on say my comments are unfare:

The track was being fixed while people are practicing.
If you put a jump in it should be firm and stable, not just a plank on some dust.
When you build a track you do not dig out and use the dirt as fill on your down side of the track. All this does is make the track look wider. Riders where washing out left right and centre and the track turned into 300mm in some parts.
If you are going to make the track on steep land and retain the sides, make sure the stakes are cut down and not sticking out 9 inches. That was dangerous.

If you want people to come to the races the tracks should be A1. People should go away and rave about them. They should be purpose built for DH not something that you through together for the day.
They need to be there to stay, so they should be built to last.

The track there would be one of the best if it was widened and fixed up correctly. Big bikes need area to move.

Just my 2cents.

Tom

Likes Bikes
It was a bit dodgy in practice and you couldn't fully trust that the track would be there, but all that was needed to fix this was a bit more time to be ridden in to find all the weak spots and fix them, Ty and others work during practice was heading in this direction.

That said tho, the track got better the more times you rode it. I thought it sucked first run but by racing I was loving it.

There is always a place for tight singletrack I reckon, bring it on.

Overall that track was getting right up there, me thinks.

Ty

Eats Squid
khsmad said:
Yeah Ty and Co did a great job, even though they were there to promote Farkin.net.
i was just helping out, (me and tash were just probably the most recognisable) scott and ziggy really put in to fix up any major problems, apperantly there was some course changes the day before that were not bedded in yet. i don't really know any details except that it all came together. i'm sure if the choose to use the venue again that it will be much improved.