The Disc Jockey Thread!

enjoi

Likes Bikes
enjoi ... listening to you mix now ... needs m0ar breaks.

sounds fucken fat actually - not my thing though.

you should join us on that website and dj on the radio .... not enough hardcore sounds over there ....

great audio quality!
mate i would be super keen to get on the radio,

what do i have to do?

....tracklist pending

._._._._._.

Likes Dirt
Friggin' awesome. The guy I bought the first ST150 off had sold his second one to someone else. Now that someone else is keen to sell it to me :).

Keen as. Don't have the cash now, but hopefully I can sell/borrow/prostitute in time.

Completely irrelevant, but downloads are back tonight. happy as larry.

Geordsta

Likes Dirt
As of today I am $100 closer to my turntables... Going for induction after holidays, don't know if I want them to end so I can get my TT's or just cheeel...
Still, I can taste the vinyl already...

._._._._._.

Likes Dirt
I am in love with minimal tech stuff now.

Anyway, any advice on record cleaning? I'm thinking a static brush for like $25, but what about actual cleaning??

indica

Serial flasher
Haha, fair enough. But just seen conflicting opinions on different mixtures/solutions/overpriced products, so that's all just the usual audiophile bullshit then?
I've just had a quick look on a forum full of audiophiles etc ... the best they recommend is 5 to 1, water to isopropyl alcohol.
Apparently the BBC does it that way.

Emmett

Likes Dirt
So instead of starting small I've gotten carried away and ended up with a Xone 3D. It arrives on Friday.

I'm a little bit excited...:eek:

My 1200's are for sale should anyone be interested pm me (apologies if this breaks forum rules).

Attachments

Last edited:

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
[video=youtube;zgMjerrCUFg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgMjerrCUFg&feature=sub[/video]
Personally I think it's shaping up to be average, BUT, half the stuff I have already heard.
There is bound to be some new stuff thrown in aswell though.

P.S. can I discuss music in this thread orrrrr?

._._._._._.

Likes Dirt
P.S. can I discuss music in this thread orrrrr?
I think it'd be fine, long as it's actually a mix (i.e.the BBC essential mixes), or otherwise related to the topic. I don't mind a hell of a lot, keeps the thread lively, long as it doesn't stray too far from what it's meant to be?

Emmett: grats, that is awesome. Mind if I ask what it set you back?

Last edited:

sockman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So instead of starting small I've gotten carried away and ended up with a Xone 3D. It arrives on Friday.

I'm a little bit excited...:eek:

My 1200's are for sale should anyone be interested pm me (apologies if this breaks forum rules).
I hate you <----------------------------------------------------------------------------this----------------------------------------------------------------------------> much right now!

So I just toiled away at traktor for about 4 hours... planned to record the last 45 minutes or so... I didn't press the record button. FUCK

EDIT: Just to clarify how much we all hate emmet, have a looksie here!
[video=youtube;XjRKLHUqYAE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjRKLHUqYAE&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Last edited:

saMfish

Likes Dirt
SoundPond

So, SoundPond has been my life 1:30pm till 11:30pm (WA, GMT+8) every day for the past few weeks.

Live local DJs from RAdelaide playing House/Electro/Nu-Disco/Indie-Dance/Tech/DnB/Dubstep. I'm in love with the last two in that list :D Adam Daze is a legend and Penny Drops blows my mind. Be sure to tune in when you can!