The Disc Jockey Thread!

Emmett

Likes Dirt
Picked up a new toy :) The build quality of this is excellent.

DN-SC2000_EM_top_00.jpg

I bought this so I can manually beatmatch in Traktor as I was kind of missing it for a while there. This compliments my VCM 600 perfectly and makes me feel like I have my hands 'inside' Traktor.

For those who like the deep stuff thanks for listening!

LJohn

Likes Dirt
Has anybody tried Deckadance by Image-Line? I'm curious as to the possibilities of being able to use VST plugins in live performance....

Matt H

Eats Squid
For those who like the deep stuff thanks for listening!
I'm enjoying the shit out of this. I've been listening to a lot of dubstep in this kind of style lately (through a blog/soundcloud page - dubstep for deep heads) but I've never listened to the 4/4 stuff much. Any recommendations on where to start? Feel free to PM to keep the thread on topic...

Emmett

Likes Dirt
I'm enjoying the shit out of this. I've been listening to a lot of dubstep in this kind of style lately (through a blog/soundcloud page - dubstep for deep heads) but I've never listened to the 4/4 stuff much. Any recommendations on where to start? Feel free to PM to keep the thread on topic...
Thanks Matt :)

If you are looking for producers of this kind of music jump onto beatport.com and have a dig around. It's where most of my stuff comes from...

I'll flick you a link to my next mix which should be together in a few weeks if you like?

Cheers,
Emmett

Jay_Patriot

Likes Bikes
Got my hands on a Novation LaunchPad to use as an Ableton controller live,
Best investment to date.

Would love to know if anyone else uses Ableton rewired into Serrato as an FX/ Loop/ Trigger base?

http://soundcloud.com/jayy_buckley/potbelleez-vs-avicii
^ I mash this live with the LaunchPad as a trigger :)

EDIT: I also use Logic's Mainstage as a guitar amp emulator lined into Ableton so I can play all the guitar sections during a live set, It's great fun and adds a new dynamic to my live show, Have a go!

Last edited:

Hew

Likes Dirt
My best mate just bought 1000's with a 350 mixer, fuark I love mixing!

Played at a party on saturday, played a lot of wubwubs on off virtual DJ, good stuff. :clap2:

Emmett

Likes Dirt
http://soundcloud.com/emmett1/something-deep

Tracklist
Skinnerbox - Purgatory Fire
Lawrence - Just Like Heaven (Original Mix)
Adam's Apple - Little Window (Original Mix)
Roman Fluegel - How to Spread Lies
Discreet Unit - Shake Your Body Down (Original Mix)
Youandewan - 1988 (Original Mix)
Marco Effe - Asleep in a Wheel (Original Mix)
YokoO - Underwater Romance (Original Mix)
Jin Choi - Half Baked (Maceo PlexRemix)
Elon & Maceo Plex - Floating Faces (Original Mix)
Laura Jones - Love in Me (Maceo Plex Remix)
Vincenzo & Elon - Yarra Valley (Original Mix)
DJ Hell - The Angst (Zander VT Edit)

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I bought an S4 from the States a few weeks ago, still waiting for it to arrive. Keen does not begin to sum up my feelings.

Decibelled

Likes Bikes
Hey guys,
Been djing for over 2 years? I've come very close to playing in Stereosonic 2012 Through Yourshot and came even closer in Foreshore Soundsearch 2012 coming in second best. (Canberra)
but that hasnt slowed me down, progressing more all the time.. i play at a heap of pubs around where i live, and play in canberra as much as i can.

Www.soundcloud.com/decibelled all my latest mixes, feel free to download :D

Set Up

2x Cdj2000s - 1x Pioneer DJM900
2x Technic 1200mkIIs - 1x Reloop IQ2 Mixer - Running off Serato Scratch Live

Speakers
2x JBL PRX18s Subs
2x JBL PXL15 Speakers
Assorted Lazers, LEDS, Beams Etc :)

and manage to cart all this shit around in my 2008 Hiace Van :) which is also very convinient to cart bikes :)

Last edited:

indica

Serial flasher
Sweet - looks the goods.
I worked - well, got paid - as a DJ from about 1993 until just after 2000. Had a ball, played some massive parties and had loads of fun....