VIC The Duael: Mt Macedon, April 1st, 2012

jathanas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This was a smashing event last year. Very, very intense! It was like a 6 hour interval session (6.5hr for elites), 20 minutes on, 20 minutes off.

I'm going for sure, and I can't recommend this event enough. Who else will be attending?

Link to website.

Last edited:

Knut

Troll hunter
Yeah I heard really good things about it. Sounds like a race to be on everyone's calander.

jathanas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Last year was 6 hours of short course XC pace. Remember Paul Van's fastest lap? He averaged above 24km; freak!

Most riders were hurting 3-4 laps into it, but nobody wanted to slow down...

jathanas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Was a good portion of the singletrack used for the clock 2 clock event a few weeks back. The maps http://connect.garmin.com/activity/145388446 and http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?h....395187,144.542828&spn=0.033413,0.077162&z=14 seem to show some overlap.

Basically its 26 full or 29 hard. Which is faster? RR front and rear or??

Getting excited.
I think the Clock2Clock did include a bit of the pine plantation so yes...

Bring the bike you handle the tight stuff better with. Tires are completely subjective but if its dry the RR is fine...

Cheers, J

MJG

Likes Dirt
I think the Clock2Clock did include a bit of the pine plantation so yes...

Bring the bike you handle the tight stuff better with. Tires are completely subjective but if its dry the RR is fine...

Cheers, J
I KNOW the Clock2clock course covered the singletrack sections of the Duael course (and many other bits too).

It'll be interesting to see if the 2012 Duael uses the new bit of singletrack put in by the Wombat MTB crew earlier this year, which starts on Canning Park Drive not far from Black Forest Drive.

Also, why did the organisers say that the event is at Mt Macedon? The start is right on the Macedon/Woodend locality boundary, with the course in both.

jathanas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I KNOW the Clock2clock course covered the singletrack sections of the Duael course (and many other bits too).

It'll be interesting to see if the 2012 Duael uses the new bit of singletrack put in by the Wombat MTB crew earlier this year, which starts on Canning Park Drive not far from Black Forest Drive.

Also, why did the organisers say that the event is at Mt Macedon? The start is right on the Macedon/Woodend locality boundary, with the course in both.
Are you riding on Sunday M?

Can't wait!

pretendingtoride

Likes Bikes
Anyone looking for a team mate?

Have not signed up for this because I couldn't find anyone to join me...

Anyone out there looking for a partner to enter? Not a gun or an elite rider, not the fittest of fellas, but if anyone needs a team mate hit me up!

MJG

Likes Dirt
Are you riding on Sunday M?

Can't wait!
Nope, not this year. I have a big(gish) road ride tomorrow and I would have been a liability for whomever I would have been partnered with on Sunday. I'll drop by to have a peek, probably way earlier than the bulk of the crowd who will be racing, then check out/ride the bits of the Wombat 100 course that I put my hand up to look after, then spend the afternoon marshalling at the DH race at Maldon.

Good luck and have fun Jim, the weather should be great, and the tracks will be in good condition.

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
Nope, not this year. I have a big(gish) road ride tomorrow and I would have been a liability for whomever I would have been partnered with on Sunday.

thats no excuse! We are doing 100km tomorrow morning and still racing the Duael! You can register on the day still ;-)

quiggs

Likes Dirt
thats no excuse! We are doing 100km tomorrow morning and still racing the Duael! You can register on the day still ;-)
Sitting in a bunch on beach rd isn't riding, i hope you are riding north towards Eltham then that is riding

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
Sitting in a bunch on beach rd isn't riding, i hope you are riding north towards Eltham then that is riding
I actually sat at the front for a bit today - does that count? It was a pretty pedestrian ride. SKCC has some crit champs tomorrow and the boys wanted to take it easy for that - no arguments from me :)

solo

Likes Dirt
i agree what a great day brilliant course loved it we'll be back next year for sure...anyone know where the results are ?