The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

slowmick

38-39"
The investor/state dispute provisions to allow corporations to sue for lost earning due to government legislation. The kind of crap that Gina Rineheart's companies tried in Victoria when the labour government banned fracking. Thankfully that failed.
https://www.theguardian.com/environ...bid-to-have-victorian-fracking-ban-overturned

Phillip Morris tried to sue Australia over the Plain Packaging or cigarettes.

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...losing-plain-packaging-case-against-australia

There seemed to lots of concern when it was first floated that they wound not publish the contents of the deal and it was a big secret till it was leaked. Interest and coverage seems to have died off since we got Donald in the white house, he pulled out and started to take all the lime light.

I have no confidence in the motives of our politicians and expect them to work only in their self interest.

John U

MTB Precision
If both Labour and Liberal support the TPP who is there to vote for at the next election?
Don’t thinks Greens are supporting it.

I don’t like the way the Australian government govt keeps its content under wraps. Lack of transparency regularly means pineapples up the arse for the Australian public.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I only have an outdated ~22 year old school book knowledge of the middle east ("Arab Israeli conflict" as it was called when I was at school) held by a student who wasn't particularly atentive in class. To me this push for Jerusalem by Morisson sounds fraught with danger and looks like a cynical effort to grab some support. Can anyone offer some informed opinions?

@Bermshot must be having a seizure.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
The investor/state dispute provisions to allow corporations to sue for lost earning due to government legislation. The kind of crap that Gina Rineheart's companies tried in Victoria when the labour government banned fracking. Thankfully that failed.
https://www.theguardian.com/environ...bid-to-have-victorian-fracking-ban-overturned

Phillip Morris tried to sue Australia over the Plain Packaging or cigarettes.

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...losing-plain-packaging-case-against-australia

There seemed to lots of concern when it was first floated that they wound not publish the contents of the deal and it was a big secret till it was leaked. Interest and coverage seems to have died off since we got Donald in the white house, he pulled out and started to take all the lime light.

I have no confidence in the motives of our politicians and expect them to work only in their self interest.

Yep, that's definitely a legit reason for a gripe and it shits me that it's in there as from a geopolitical perspective, TPP is a hugely important thing.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
To be honest, I haven’t paid much attention to it since the US pulled out. I’m more of a BRI curious kind of guy.

Binaural

Eats Squid
I mean, they should be able to avoid a vote of no-confidence, so PM Shorten isn't going to happen straight away. But losing the safest seat in the country (nobody but the conservatives have ever held it since federation) is going to cause panic in the ranks and kill the unity of an already fractious group. So it's not so much that they probably won't survive to the election but that a coherent agenda is going to be hard to find.

John U

MTB Precision
I mean, they should be able to avoid a vote of no-confidence, so PM Shorten isn't going to happen straight away. But losing the safest seat in the country (nobody but the conservatives have ever held it since federation) is going to cause panic in the ranks and kill the unity of an already fractious group. So it's not so much that they probably won't survive to the election but that a coherent agenda is going to be hard to find.
They haven’t had a coherent agenda since they were elected. That won’t be anything new to them.

Not worthy of a capital g.

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Congratulations Tony Abbott and Peter Dutton, this is the win you deserve.
Really? That’s too simplistic. There was no need for a bi election if Turnbull just sat on the back bench and worked on his next job in the UN or something. He was always going to be a disaster for this libs one way or another.

The sooner we get to a general election to kick this mob out the better.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Really? That’s too simplistic. There was no need for a bi election if Turnbull just sat on the back bench and worked on his next job in the UN or something. He was always going to be a disaster for this libs one way or another.

The sooner we get to a general election to kick this mob out the better.
Tony is like a shopping trolley with a bad wheel. No matter which way it's facing, and no matter what you do, he's always pulling further to the right then a cyclist on the Autobahn.

He's happy to see the moderates give up or leave the party, letting the super right take power next time.