The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
This could make for good television.
Well, it probably won't be long before parliament question time, and general "debate" adopts the format of an (even more??) unhinged Japanese game show where the contestants/pollies wear chimp costumes, and indeed, fling shit at each other.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
*sigh* I suppose the online betting business cockroaches will want a piece of the action. cue the TAB "heart" vs "head" ads and betting odds.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Yep, I'd prefer our parliament to be more like Ukraine, Taiwan and other such Thunderdomes. It would more authentic than it is now and I'd switch it off less often!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
If Rupert Murdoch paid more attention to our politics we could make this happen a lot faster. Fuck I'd even consider buying a television for it!

scblack

Leucocholic
If Rupert Murdoch paid more attention to our politics we could make this happen a lot faster. Fuck I'd even consider buying a television for it!
And we have a Winnah!!!!

The Rupert Murdoch reference we all seek! As I said a few days ago - he is the holder of Absolute Power.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
And we have a Winnah!!!!

The Rupert Murdoch reference we all seek! As I said a few days ago - he is the holder of Absolute Power.
Maybe...or he just has a huge television network and the means to produce such a show (though in America). I don't know the name of any other television moguls.

Binaural

Eats Squid
And we have a Winnah!!!!

Really now, do you not acknowledge he's a holder of very considerable political power and not afraid to throw it around? Murdoch has a controlling interest in something like two thirds of the papers sold in Australia every day.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well Fraser Anning has really set a new low. I just finished watching his hate speech and am baffled. Could this man really represent many modern Australians? I've no idea where all the feet that were in his mouth even came from! I think the highlight came when he proudly pronounced his own "final solution". Sigh.

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
Well Fraser Anning has really set a new low. I just finished watching his hate speech and am baffled. Could this man really represent many modern Australians? I've no idea where all the feet that were in his mouth even came from! I think the highlight came when he proudly pronounced his own "final solution". Sigh.
He’s a senate representative for Queensland. Given the electoral results for the last couple of years there I’d say he unfortunately accurately represents the opinions of a good number of banana benders.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
He’s a senate representative for Queensland. Given the electoral results for the last couple of years there I’d say he unfortunately accurately represents the opinions of a good number of banana benders.
Can we finally fence off Qld and set them adrift into the Pacific? How many deadshit politicians do we need from Queensland before the rest of Australia uses the 'final solution' of kicking them out of the Commonwealth?

We could even use that nuclear earth moving technology they were talking about in the 60s.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Not guilty! Scares me shitless that his views probably do represent those who put him there.