The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Binaural

Eats Squid
I talked to him that evening and my thoughts were he needs someone in the background to tap him on the shoulder and say Clive, that's shit. But I know he wouldn't listen. He has gotten worse with increased public presence and his time as an MP has really accelerated that.
If Trump is a 10 out of 10 narcissist, as the Chinese national security apparatus reportedly considers him, then Clive must surely be a 9 out of 10.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
I stand corrected. It's like the speed of light...

“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.”

― Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
The Priests later contemplate killing Lazarus again, because the act of resurrecting him has caused a lot of people to believe in Jesus.
And don't we wish they had, could have saved everyone a lot of hassle...

Cheers, I feel culturally edumacated :)

Reactions: Zaf

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Jesus wept...

That has to be one of the stupidest things I've ever read. so much so that I expect a bit of trolling by the editors at the Age. It reads the same way the Chinese Communist Party relates Chinese history, i.e. "We saved the nation from the Japanese and have brought prosperity to the people. There is no other history than that".

My favourite parts was "Same sex marriage came in under a Liberal govt.".

That article is the other end of the spectrum than the "Everyone who voted Liberal hates everything but their bank account and has doomed us to climate fireballs".

Here's an article with a bit more balance and insight: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/st...xplain-why-they-switched-their-vote/?cs=14225

Binaural

Eats Squid
That has to be one of the stupidest things I've ever read. so much so that I expect a bit of trolling by the editors at the Age. It reads the same way the Chinese Communist Party relates Chinese history, i.e. "We saved the nation from the Japanese and have brought prosperity to the people. There is no other history than that".
That was almost comically stupid. Somebody should teach this idiot about how not to frame an argument, preferably using short sentences, simple words and plastic letters stuck to a fridge.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Albo it is.

I'm not sure Labor has learned their lesson yet. I rekon the Liberals did (not that it changed their values, they just kind of masked them).

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Albo it is.

I'm not sure Labor has learned their lesson yet. I rekon the Liberals did (not that it changed their values, they just kind of masked them).
No idea... Know as much about him as I did Shorten. But from little I do know I suspect he will be best able to the "relatable blokey bloke routine" which is all you need these days.