The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It's ultra-supercritical...is this an industry phrase regarding the nature of the supply?

Just imagine if there was renewable businesses knocking down the door...

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I found this very interesting:

I dont know my way around economics well enough to appreciate all the details of that, but none of it surprises me. Nothing solved, can kicked down the road at best - more likely real economic damage locked in long term.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I found this very interesting:

If you really want to dig into the housing bubble stuff this podcast is very interesting.. The aussie bank lending was atrocious before apra/asic stepped in then the royal commission;
Or

crash3

Likes Dirt
I suspect that the major parties probably focussed their efforts on marginal or swinging seats.
Can confirm: I vote(d) in Gilmore, which was a pretty marginal seat, and even when I went to the polls a week early there were heaps of political muggers out front handing out their 'how to vote' cards. Usually the week before you're free to walk through un-accosted!

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Palmer is an easy target for the media but I can tell you that Palmer didn't pay for the exploration drilling for coal mid way to south of the basin . They're bigger fish than him that are doing way worse and there's not a whisper of that in the media.
True, but are they overtly buying votes?

stirk

Burner
So he is now relying on the Qld LABOR govt to grant his approvals? What returns?
The Libs rushed through some approvals for Adani just before the election and now after their drubbing in the election Qld state Labor are pushing for approval to appease their base. Is Clive smart enough to have predict the Labor reaction post election, I don't think so but it's worked in his favour.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
You think Anna will push through another mine? She was hoping the feds canned it. They didnt. Anna has seen that it will mean votes in CQ but losses in metrocentres. It will be interesting.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You think Anna will push through another mine? She was hoping the feds canned it. They didnt. Anna has seen that it will mean votes in CQ but losses in metrocentres. It will be interesting.
I think it's the wedge Clive hoped for. He is lobbying for mines, power stations, export infrastructure, and anything else that will compliment or contribute to his current investment spread. If they approve Adani, he has leverage for his mining hopes. If they don't approve it, perhaps a smaller mine in line with Clive's style will get up and still offer jobs etc. There's a lot of outcomes that he can have a direct or indirect benefit for him.

I doubt that the QLD Labor government are in a risk taking mood.

The Libs rushed through some approvals for Adani just before the election and now after their drubbing in the election Qld state Labor are pushing for approval to appease their base. Is Clive smart enough to have predict the Labor reaction post election, I don't think so but it's worked in his favour.
I wonder if Clive enjoys gambling? I'd say he hedged his bets and took a punt, which has probably paid out quite well. If the governement had changed and Labor followed through with their planet saving agenda, he would've been shit out of luck. They may even have started an irreversible slide to a greener future...this wouldn't have been a great thing for someone so deeply invested in coal.