The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Who's going to lend?

I drive past this often:

https://www.theleader.com.au/story/...e-in-limbo-as-developer-under-administration/

It's a stark reminder of what's about to happen.
It isn't a reminder, event hasn't arrived yet...it is foreshadowing. Fuck I hate that word.

You do know that there is a thing called a recession, yeah? It's not a work of fiction.
We are having a building "Boom" here. I'm not denying the risk of recession, we are in a difficult space and the risk is quite high. Plus of you subscribe to the boom - bust cycle we are no in a boom! But there is also plenty of the unscrupulous developer activity to be seen here. A few large apartment projects have been On/off/on/off/on/off over the last few years. It does not inspire confidence for buying off the plan!

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Bit of a side line...this Tamil family that Dutton wants to fuck over, their kids were born here in Australia. Does this not entitle those kids to some rights? I'm sure plenty of us know people who hold dual citizenship because they were born somewhere other than where their family was from?

Calvin27

Eats Squid
their kids were born here in Australia. Does this not entitle those kids to some rights? I'm sure plenty of us know people who hold dual citizenship because they were born somewhere other than where their family was from?
A lot of countries have dropped citizenship based on birth place. We are no different.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
How did we become a nation of arseholes happy to send a family into torture centre? Then even worse...to certain persecution? And to pretend that it's all sweet?

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
https://apple.news/ABQclPz8VTouIN3EW7vIjzw

I hope the link works ... it’s economics related ... but makes complete sense ...
intuitively the more readily available you make something... the cheaper it will become

The less secure people are ... the more they will save ... or spend less ... just incase.

Not mentioned in the article ... but something I read in the Fin Review today. People have ploughed their tax cuts into their mortgages ... makes sense ...

In summary we are fucked under the libs

John U

MTB Precision
How did we become a nation of arseholes happy to send a family into torture centre? Then even worse...to certain persecution? And to pretend that it's all sweet?
A little bit at a time. BANG. Wake up one day and we're all can'ts.

We're not all like that though. But the majority are prepared to vote for those that are.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
It’s about the time “strong” leaders were sold as being desirable, instead of “smart”... Plays into the whole “we’ll keep you safe from the others” narrative they sold in conjunction with telling us the others are a threat.

It’s pretty evil all round :(

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
If you won't borrow, they will import people who will!
True that, 190 visa lending has increased and we've seen a spike in those hitting their PR purchasing as soon as its landed. They are being told to do it immediately from their collective groups.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
We're not quite there yet, it's touch and go it can go either way. The building industry is full steam ahead in my area, cranes and building going up every where.
The developers are mostly all reshaping their folios at the moment, be it lend lease, Peet, Satterley, Mirvac or Fraser's.