The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Porter seems to be well enough to take on ABC for defamation.
seems a long bow to draw, as they didn’t name him, didn’t specifically say he did it, just a minister had allegedly done something - maybe just su-ing to stop negative comment about it..but pls you are the AG, you must be held to a higher std then everyone else as you are in charge of our legal system
cheeky bugger is suing in fed court too,

Flow-Rider

Burner
[
seems a long bow to draw, as they didn’t name him, didn’t specifically say he did it, just a minister had allegedly done something - maybe just su-ing to stop negative comment about it..but pls you are the AG, you must be held to a higher std then everyone else as you are in charge of our legal system
cheeky bugger is suing in fed court too,
Interesting to see how it pans out but what they said on Four-corners revealed a lot more than he wanted the public to know.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The information released was in the public interest. He is throwing his weight around in a typical childish tantrum to try and intimidate people and hope this all blows over.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Just in case you haven't got your hate watching quota for the morning..
Forum reaction emojis don't fit the feeling of watching that. Honestly, how's that for "be careful what you wish for"? All that time spent trying to get Jones off the radio for being a racist misogynist piece of shit and instead we just get his dumb face on TV with a bigger audience to boot. The man is fucking bananas.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Forum reaction emojis don't fit the feeling of watching that. Honestly, how's that for "be careful what you wish for"? All that time spent trying to get Jones off the radio for being a racist misogynist piece of shit and instead we just get his dumb face on TV with a bigger audience to boot. The man is fucking bananas.
I couldn't get through more than 20 seconds of watching it, just read the summary.

How he wasn't convicted or even tried for inciting violence and riots over Cronulla will remain one of life's great mysteries.

Only consolation is how easily he was spanked in audience numbers at 2GB by his replacement and this (not sure if it's still current but it sure is fun to read).

Sky After Dark have positioned themselves to appeal to Trumpy Americans (which is how their audience numbers have grown so massively). It's a similar strategy Craig Kelly uses on Facebook (post times and corresponding engagement are all coinciding with American audiences).

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Only consolation is how easily he was spanked in audience numbers at 2GB by his replacement and this (not sure if it's still current but it sure is fun to read).
Ahaha that’s nice. All the same, and as you alluded to re: Kelly, even with low viewership, the televised outrage is much better sharing material for socials than radio clips.

Guess we just all hoped he’d fuck off to die in his narcissist’s palace after leaving radio for “health reasons”, but no such luck.

Freediver

I can go full Karen

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Can someone summarise the whole AG thing. Seems like if you dive into it now, there is a lot missing and it's obviously blown up sensationalist style.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Can someone summarise the whole AG thing. Seems like if you dive into it now, there is a lot missing and it's obviously blown up sensationalist style.
CP. History of being an over-entitled cunt. allegedly anal-raped another teenager when 16-17.
Alleged history of chatting up (read allegedly fucking) cute young female staffers in Parliament house. - subject of an ABC 4 corners ep re canberra bubble.
2 failed marriages, allegedly because he is a cunt of a person.
Breaking the law in prosecuting secret trials against witness K, his lawyer, and David McBride (whistleblower re Afghanistan war crimes)
Launches defamation action against ABC on SAME FUCKING DAY as marches for justice for women nation wide.

The meteor strikes that wipe 'christian" porter off the face of the earth cannot come soon enough.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I've got a whole bunch of work I'm procrastinating from so I'll give it a go...

Kate files Police report circa mid-2019 claiming she was raped by Christian Porter in 1988. She was 16, he was 17.
Kate subsequently tells Police to cease the investigation in mid-2020. She takes her own life the next day.
Friends of Kate send letters, diary extracts and other material to two Senators (Hansen-Young and Wong) and the PM's office in early March 2021. Senators forward material to Police. PM's office silent.
SA Police (and NSW Police too, I think) have subsequently stated there's insufficient evidence to proceed any further. I think the only channel (via conventional criminal prosecution) is now through the SA Coroner.
Since blown up into media shitstorm, not helped by A-G remaining silent for waaaaay too long. Then going on leave.
PM has refused to host an independent investigation into the A-G given criminal prosecution is seemingly at a dead end.

I think that's it.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea

Kate files Police report circa mid-2019 claiming she was raped by Christian Porter in 1988. She was 16, he was 17.
Kate subsequently tells Police to cease the investigation in mid-2020. She takes her own life the next day.
Friends of Kate send letters, diary extracts and other material to two Senators (Hansen-Young and Wong) and the PM's office in early March 2021. Senators forward material to Police. PM's office silent.
SA Police (and NSW Police too, I think) have subsequently stated there's insufficient evidence to proceed any further. I think the only channel (via conventional criminal prosecution) is now through the SA Coroner.
Since blown up into media shitstorm, not helped by A-G remaining silent for waaaaay too long. Then going on leave.
PM has refused to host an independent investigation into the A-G given criminal prosecution is seemingly at a dead end.

I think that's it.
and CP will forever be known by many as an alleged rapist, because of the lack of a trial or inquest.

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt

I think that's it.
I don’t think anyone put their name to the letters. So it would be interesting to see who these friends are and their motives.
Is it possible that this was about to turn into a political football and this contributed to the women’s distress. I am just speculating as mush as everyone else is here so I have no basis in this.

Agree with @ForkinGreat that he is a C but I don’t think anyone gives a shit about the a women and this is now pure politics. The deformation means that it is now in court and likely to loose but will possibly distract form the calls for an inquiry that is not likely to achieve anything anyway.

How do people feel about Bob Hawke now that he put his career ahead of his daughter in a similar way. Time frames are about the same too.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
and CP will forever be known by many as an alleged rapist, because of the lack of a trial or inquest.
I don’t think anyone put their name to the letters. So it would be interesting to see who these friends are and their motives.
Is it possible that this was about to turn into a political football and this contributed to the women’s distress. I am just speculating as mush as everyone else is here so I have no basis in this.

Agree with @ForkinGreat that he is a C but I don’t think anyone gives a shit about the a women and this is now pure politics. The deformation means that it is now in court and likely to loose but will possibly distract form the calls for an inquiry that is not likely to achieve anything anyway.

How do people feel about Bob Hawke now that he put his career ahead of his daughter in a similar way. Time frames are about the same too.
Agreed. This has become a witch hunt that I think was instigated by the friends because they knew nothing was going to come from any criminal prosecution. By all accounts Porter is a complete creep and while the rape "fits" with his other (proven) behaviour that's not enough to prove he's guilty.

I still think there should be an independent enquiry for no other reason then his position, as @Daniel Hale said. Would also be 99% likely to clear him. Instead Scomo is betting the farm the "quiet Australians" and his other supporters couldn't care less about this.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't

*The location of incident was known/released, it is stated on a wikipedia page CP was on Debating champs at this time -so dates/states married up [he lived in diff state to where alleged incident took place]- - this is how peeps knew it was him [defamation hinges on this]
Kate subsequently tells Police to cease the investigation in mid-2020.
*Police do NOT take statement/stat dec due to covid reasons...yep, if they needed ot arrest someone covid would not stop them -if they need to get a statement about a serious crime - they are endangering themselves/accuser
She takes her own life the next day.

I think that's it.
added 2 important pieces of info