The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
It's bloody tragic how softcock Australia has become.
You are not allowed to disagree with the majority, or the minority.
The country is being sold out by those who disagree with the narrative but won't say anything.
The Internet has allowed censorship to become mainstream, the govt doesn't need to censor the masses, the minority do it for them. Not talking minority like black or gay or similar but minority who shut down common sense.

I know you support Palestine and I'm the opposite but at least it doesn't devolve into abuse and threats.
If I had my say at a university I would be run out on a rail.
I think that many Australians are stressed enough trying to make ends meet, with the rising cost of living, to be doing much protest or activism, even though being squeezed by the supermarkets, utility companies and gubbinment would, you would have thought, make people more likely to protest and arc up generally.
Well you can disagree with the majority, or minority, as long as you can withstand the pushback. It depends on what's being disagreed with.

I'm sure you could wind me up pretty easily about the middle east, but you choose not to, and I respect that.
I suspect that I would also be cancelled or suspended at a university over a range of opinions, if I started speaking my mind.

Last edited:

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Nar, just after a while when it was obvious that vaccines were not stopping the covid being spread why do the state lockdown.

Sure it may have possibly made the bug less dangerous but shutting borders when you are already heavily infected made no sense.
You were only pissed because you weren't able to jump the border and buy cheap shit bicycles. Nothing based on medical science or thought for anyone else. Hindsight is wonderful but you cannot say that the lockdowns didn't save a life or that someone died because of it. One life, any life, is more important than any individual's feeling of being inconvenienced. Enough of the bullshit. It has been done to death. Pun intended.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Nar, just after a while when it was obvious that vaccines were not stopping the covid being spread why do the state lockdown.
Vaccines were designed to reduce the severity of the virus. Masks and lockdowns were the primary defence against spreading it so freely.