The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
I remember an interview with a prominent republican - I elect the most conservative candidate I think can win........

'MT is only the choice when the true believers think the only alternative is labor
Turnbull to be leader and immediately pledges bi-partisan support of the current NBN rollout. Election won at a canter.

floody

Wheel size expert
Southern Star to release miniseries in 2019; Rachel Griffiths as Julia Gillard, Stephen Curry as Kevin Rudd, Brett Climo as Tony Abbott and Frankie J. Holden in the role of Tony Windsor. Soundtrack by Skrillex.

eastie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
wow, whoever wins this wins the right to lose the next election and then get shafted to allow shorten to lead.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Maybe tonight's development is the enaction of the hidden plot in the Labor party room...... Chuck Gillard as the leader now in favour of KRudd, but he's actually a sacrificial lamb, who will cop the fallout after losing the election.... Labor are a sure thing to not win the election, and a way is needed to get rid of both Gillard and KRudd. Leaders who lose an election generally don't stay around long, especially when they've lost government. The party needed to get rid of Gilllard, because she's been a disaster for them. KRudd wasn't all that much better. So chucking her now puts him on the block & easy to dispose of after the election.

rotorub

Likes Dirt
it would be easy and simple to say what goes around comes around. So i say this in reference now to the coalition. will we see a reciprocation turnbull to challenge abbott?

For the countries sake i hope so!

dcrofty

Eats Squid
will we see a reciprocation turnbull to challenge abbott?
Can't see it myself. Abbots about to win an election by a big margin. The libs have far too much discipline and desire to win to risk the slightest hint of appearing a bit like Labor on the leadership front. Tony will be safe for a couple of years at least, MT might get a look in coming into the 2016 election if Tony gets on the nose with the electorate. Happy to be proved wrong but we'll see.

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So what if Labor wins?
Boot Rudd and bring in Carr.. He's smart, a proven leader, speaks well and cuts through media bullshit. The best prospect for the Labour party in the future.

It's a shame so much of the discussion of Gillards term came back to her gender. It shows how backward Australian society is. Yes she was a bad leader, but her job was made twice as hard because the MAJORITY of Australian men felt threatened and alienated by the fact a woman was leading them. The comment above about hitting her ass on the way out shows exactly that.

I think it will be really interesting how Australian politics pans out over the next 10 years, at the moment it's clear they're struggling a lot with the 24 hour news cycle. They can't communicate effectively enough, and clearly can't stand their ground when put under a bit of pressure.

John U

MTB Precision
Just watched abbots response to this evenings happenings. Very 1 dimensional. Apparently the most important thing to the country is stop the boats. He didn't look too happy.