The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Aldi have also bailed on Oz day merch.

I already have two Aboriginal flags and a didj to play.

My wife ordered an indigenous herb and spice kit from a certified indigenous business. Hopeful there's a recipe for kangaroo as it's way more Aussie than lamb.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I've got my Aussie flag already. Woolies and the radical left can't stop me from being a patriot!

...in all seriousness though, this whole thing needs to end. change the fucking day already so the majority of us can go on enjoying Australia for whatever we enjoy about it, without feeling like a fuckwit bogan for sticking a Chinese made Aussie flag in our kids hands.

Australia is for the most part a spectacular place to live. We have multiculturalism without deeply ingrained tradition and we take it for granted that we're more or less happy to assimilate any culture into our own. I think we deserve to be able to celebrate that we can have Bahn mi for Easter, pierogi for Xmas, a sausage sizzle for Chinese New year and not bat an eyelid. There is greatness to be enjoyed here when the bigots shut the fuck up for 5 minutes and I'd really like to get back to that, possibly in Feb or March sometime

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The solution to that is to not put 26th of January in the Hat. ;)
Bloody hell! straight back to the debate on the 26th being in or out. It needs to be in so everyone can be represented but is also doomed to fail by being in there. Kind of like the republic debate is always doomed to fail.

LPG

likes thicc birds
Under my perfect policy we will get 2. Hat day PH to decide the date and then the random australia day PH :) It will all come undone when the hat gives us the 26 of Jan as the date but will be good while it lasts.
Make The hat draw the 1st of Jan/ Federation day so that it is a fun way we can celebrate Federation/Unity. It can be by or with the PM at the address he does for happy new year. "Happy new year, we are celebrating Hat day on Monday or Friday xx of month yyy!" Only put Mondays and Fridays that aren't already a long weekend in the list.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Probably need a public holiday for that too.

I believe so.

I'm all for stimulating the economy, and nothing makes me want to work like a public holiday (being a casual employee) or spend if I'm nit working. So each of these new special event holidays need to have a thing that brings people together to spend their money. Maybe the draw to see who does the draw is conducted in a massive outdoor public space, when the winner is announced the crowd lift them up in celebration and they crowd surf around and around and around while fireworks go off and eventually they go to the front and are given a special glove to wear at the next big day off - hat day.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Make The hat draw the 1st of Jan/ Federation day so that it is a fun way we can celebrate Federation/Unity. It can be by or with the PM at the address he does for happy new year. "Happy new year, we are celebrating Hat day on Monday or Friday xx of month yyy!" Only put Mondays and Fridays that aren't already a long weekend in the list.

Ummmmm no. That is already a public holiday called hang over day.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
OK, Make January 2nd a public holiday, and you could call it New Years Federation Double Header. :D
However, if NYD or Aus Day/Federation day falls on a weekend, Aussies get the Monday AND the Tuesday.

OR

Fuck you all, No Australia Day holiday.
Make it an easy choice. ;)