The election thread - Will the new PM last a full term - who will you futilely vote for?

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 25 38.5%
  • Nationals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Greens

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • Independant

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • The Reason Party

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

• Donkey/Invalid vote

• Total voters

Flow-Rider

Wheel size expert
I give stuff up and I am prepared to pay more for things to have them made in an environmentally friendly way. The government needs to play its part. Industry needs to evolve. Some things shouldn’t be exploited just because they can be.
I also grew up in a country town. Went back there recently and a lot of shops have closed. I don’t see the government doing anything to make a change in that town, least of all approving something that will accelerate the ecological collapse of life on this planet.

I agree government needs to do more but just about everything it's doing is going in the opposite direction.

There's a lot of creature comforts that we all take for granted that exist because we want the product, not because we need it to exist on the planet. Group everyone like sheep in capital cities and then move agriculture farms 100 of Kms away where the soil isn't as good or they have limited amount of water access and then you need to waste energy transporting the food back to the grouped sheep. A real smart country this is !! :D

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
There's a lot of creature comforts that we all take for granted that exist because we want the product, not because we need it to exist on the planet.
Not that simple.

The creature comfort industry also employs people & requires raw product to manufacture.

We need legislation to stop people making incorrect purchasing decisions. Legislation to mandate passive house standards. Only have maximum efficiency products available. Phase out FF use.

As long as cheap crap shit is available, people will buy it.

And don't get me started on cheap plane travel...

LPG

Likes Dirt
Not that simple.

The creature comfort industry also employs people & requires raw product to manufacture.

We need legislation to stop people making incorrect purchasing decisions. Legislation to mandate passive house standards. Only have maximum efficiency products available. Phase out FF use.

I agree. A price on emissions, recycling or disposing of used items etc needs to be implemented. Make the locally grown food competitive, make it too expensive to buy cheap stuff that doesn't last as you pay for the diaposal up front ( and when it does die the company you bought it from has already organised for its refurbishing, recycling or disposal). Make it more expensive to drive to work than take public transport. Have us pay the true cost of what we consume.

It doesn't mean we gave to be worse off financially. This can be all taxes that is offset by lower income tax levels. Instead of tax avoidance by dodgy accounting we can avoid taxes by doing the right thing by the environment. This shouldn't be so hard

pink poodle

Clinically Inane
Oh I know! I too long for the days when plane travel was only available to a certain type of person. Any schmuck can board these days and it is just atrocious in cabin as a result.

Also cheap airfares to south America at the moment!

Flow-Rider

Wheel size expert
Not that simple.

It is that simple because nobody wants to accept responsibility and it's never their fault, people vote these governments in thinking it's never their fault. (It's the government's fault).

pink poodle

Clinically Inane
Its fucking gross. What sort of pathetic cunt would think this is any way a good idea?

Oh right, liberal voters...
The same vindictive arseholes that think asylum seekers should be tortured as a deterrent to others who might think Australia could offer a safe place to live.

Scotty T

Likes Dirt
Your mountain bike is a creature comfort. Electricity is not, at least in this country anyway. How about electricity becomes more expensive and we all have one less mtb? How can you even say that on a place for the privileged?

Flow-Rider

Wheel size expert
Your mountain bike is a creature comfort. Electricity is not, at least in this country anyway. How about electricity becomes more expensive and we all have one less mtb? How can you even say that on a place for the privileged?
Hold on a minute, I'm feeling cold and need to turn up the central heating so that I can freeball in my boxer shorts. :)

Flow-Rider

Wheel size expert
Do Queenslanders even have heating? I'd have thought you guys were still running the air con!
Depends where you live in Qld and how your house is built, I only turned the AC on twice last summer when visitors came over but I do run a small fan in summer.

pink poodle

Clinically Inane
Hopefully this turns out to be a huge terrorism, spying, drug bust or similar that gives Australia confidence in the authorities...because if it is just a bunch of flexing and a pissing contest, that will be very disappointing.

Haakon

veni, vidi, volanti
Hopefully this turns out to be a huge terrorism, spying, drug bust or similar that gives Australia confidence in the authorities...because if it is just a bunch of flexing and a pissing contest, that will be very disappointing.
I suspect you already know the answer to that one...