The farm build

frostty74

Likes Dirt
I thought I'd post up a few pics of my recent efforts on my parent's property. I'll be heading back up there over Easter to do some more work on it. So far it's about 500 meters long and flows fairly well so you can maintain speed. I'll be adding in a few sets of doubles, skinnies, table tops, etc.
Let me know your thoughts and any build ideas.

Attachments

Good progress mate! It looks like you've got plenty of space to play around in and with the right equipment! Great to see a backyard build where you can build it however you like and ride it whenever you want haha, keep at it. More progress shots when you get to it would be great to see!

Last edited:

outtacontrol

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks like a nice blank canvas. When you are running the trail across the contour, try to push the trail slightly up and then drop it slightly down so you are creating a slight S shape. This will help create flow and also creates grade reversals to help prevent water flowing down the trail.

Also try and pin point some features you want to use and then work out how to get the trail to them.

Good luck...

frostty74

Likes Dirt
Cheers guys. I'm heading back up there over Easter so will try and post some more pics next week.
I've got 40 acres to play with so there'll be more to come in the future.

bpow

Likes Dirt
Nice wood features.
What type of wood are you using? Did you make them yourself?
Cool to see the progress, keep the pics coming! (actions shots welcome!)

ride2puke

Likes Dirt
hey your track looks really good. Im building a track on my parents property as well i was just wondering how much the digger was the hire?

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Chuck some chicken wire on that wood. even though your not cornering on them, they can get very slippery in the wet.

frostty74

Likes Dirt
The digger cost me $200 for the weekend -dropped back by 9am Monday morning.
The first day was pretty wet so I didn't get much done with it. 90% of the trail was dug in on one day. Building my own features.

Thought I'd post up a pic of me hitting the first jump. I need to move the landing back about a metre though. First time off it I landed well down the trail.

Attachments

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
when building jumps like that. i say your better off to huck it once or twice without a landing. then that sort of gives you an idea of where to put the landing.

ride2puke

Likes Dirt
digger

hey,

200 is not to bad. Was the digger good at digging? or just moving dirt? im planing on digging quite deep with it maybe a meter or 2. Do you think it could handle it?

frostty74

Likes Dirt
You'd probably be better off with a bobcat if you want to dig. The mini digger was more for scrapping off the top layer of soil and didn't really have enough power to dig too deep.