The Funnel Web Nowra NSW State DH 4 2008

Stabin away

Likes Bikes
Nowra NSW State DH 4 2008

i just wanted to say what a great weekends racing , what a great job by SCUM on the track , great work by Steve , Marcus and there 4WD buddies for towing the trailors , oh and not to mention the Pope for asking the big fellla to hold off on the rain this weekend :):)

top race and well organised at short notice after BOE dropped out

great work guys thanks

L

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association
great to here it went well, and great to here positive feedback.

I wasn't there, but huge thanks have to go to the crew that got this race together at very short notice.

How was the racing though?

Incontinent

Crusty Juggler
great to here it went well, and great to here positive feedback.
I wasn't there, but huge thanks have to go to the crew that got this race together at very short notice.
How was the racing though?
Sort of went like this

For those looking for how they faired on the weekend
Attached Files
NSWMTB Rd 4 Final Results.pdf (100.1 KB, 0 views)
NSWMTB Rd 4 Final Results.xls (44.5 KB, 0 views)

By the way, I was the cranky old bastard up top trying to call start times over the radio while you were all talking around me.
Appoligies to anyone that was offended by shouting but I did ask for a bit of quiet near the start gate previously.
Gotta say it, certainly did acheive the desired effect.

Last edited:

Old Shagger

Farkin Legend
By the way, I was the cranky old bastard up top trying to call start times over the radio while you were all talking around me.
Appoligies to anyone that was offended by shouting but I did ask for a bit of quiet near the start gate previously.
Gotta say it, certainly did acheive the desired effect.[/
QUOTE]

Ha Ha...you at it again you cranky old man:D.... Not that i was there either...but i must say after reading all the shenanigans of the last week or so....WELL DONE to all at SCUM, and Steve H and the tribe as usual.....getting a potential big problem fixed at short notice.

October26

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well done to all the event organisers who managed to run a great round on a track with very little space and a difficult shuttle.

Great track and great racing. Well done.

bodgie

Likes Dirt
Was my first ever race and was great fun. Event went great, good job to everyone involved in organizing and running of it. Considering how hard funnleweb is to run an event with shuttles and parking and all that they did a great job. Didn't have a working front brake for the whole of Sunday so that sort of ruined my race run but apart from that the whole weekend was awesome.

Ride.Dirt.Wake.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I had a great time. Props to NSWMTB and everyone who volounteered shuttles, took a long time, but you guys handled it well. The dusty section after the top drop got pretty gnarly after the first day, and I stacked pretty hard there on Sunday during practice, so I missed out on my race run :(.

Thanks guys,

Jaime

Barrett

Likes Dirt
As an interstate rider i have to say, i had a great time and enjoyed your event. heard the shit hit the fan just before the race, it was an amazing achievement to pull off the race.
Thanks for a great weekend well worth the 13 hour drive.
regards Ben Barrett

p.s rock on jump suit man......

Last edited:

CRIK

NSWMTB
Coffs Medals

You guys pulled off a great event on the weekend with such short notice. The track was in great condition. Just wondering if anyone knows what has happened to the medals from Coffs that were going to be handed out at Nowra as BOE brought the wrong ones to Coffs. Cheers.

Incontinent

Crusty Juggler
You guys pulled off a great event on the weekend with such short notice. The track was in great condition. Just wondering if anyone knows what has happened to the medals from Coffs that were going to be handed out at Nowra as BOE brought the wrong ones to Coffs. Cheers.
Steve and/or Stu will sort it out and most likely hand out medals from Coffs at the state champs at Awaba in a few weeks time.
Steve has already posted that State Series medals will be awarded on Saturday afternoon at champs so coffs medals will most likely happen then as well.

Incontinent

Crusty Juggler
As an interstate rider i have to say, i had a great time and enjoyed your event. heard the shit hit the fan just before the race, it was an amazing achievement to pull off the race.
Thanks for a great weekend well worth the 13 hour drive.
regards Ben Barrett
p.s rock on jump suit man......
Ben
Glad to hear you Mexicans had a good time on the weekend.
Jump suit man is known affectionately as Roger Ramjet up here.
Check out his avatar, remarkable similarity !!!
His tireless efforts often go unrewarded so thanks for your comment, on his behalf.

kempok

Likes Bikes
Great effort guys. Appreciate the work and professionalism of all. Thanks to all the volunteers and for organising a top fun track, had a great time.

boysik

Pro Rider
pics

Its already been said, but Thanks again to Steve Humphries, the SCUM, the Prohms and everyone else who kept this race alive.
Cheers