The funniest gumtree/ebay or whatever add post

dolphinman

Likes Dirt
Don't laugh.

About 10 years ago I sold mine and my brothers original Kuwahara BMX ET editions. All original, including tyres, one still had top tupe and handle bar pads.
Definitely not mint condition, but one was in pretty good nick. All up got about $1600 from memory.

kuwa_et_t.jpg

....one of many big regrets.... :tsk: :tsk: :shame:

fitzroybikeco

Likes Dirt
This was one of the best GumTree ads I have read.
It was for a 1996 Kona Sex Too. Of course I had to buy it, enjoy. Russ

Vintage Kona Sex Too - The Yippy Ki Yay of MTB -
This bike was the guns of the navarone, the big lebowski, 9 1/2 weeks, 8 mile, Rambo 1 thru 13, reservoir dogs meets wolverine - of its time. It was even called Sex Too for crying out loud and came with its own Aerosmith soundtrack. (requires confirmation)

And just like all superstars, this bad boy needs to retire. It tired legs and aching bones, and its bruised body needs a good home - where it can be restored and relive its hayday. Even John Maclean took time off between Die hards.

He has it all. No, really... a bit of everything from rst mozp xl front shocks, deore derailleurs, mavic and ambrosia wheels. If you need more history, then well you are out of luck. It would be like asking the rolling stones to recall all the girls they've love before. Pointless as the list is endless.
So, here we are. Not so much unloved but in need of a new partner.

Component Update
Body geometry saddle
Syncros Seat post
Modus Stem
Scottbars
XTR Shifters but left hand display routed
RST front forks
Cantilever brakes
Ringle Hub (Front) Mavic 121 Rim Maxxis Crossmark (front tyre - ridden may be 3 times)
Shimano Cranks ( Look entry level) - But have the originals off the bike.
Deore Front Derallieur (not straight but working)
9 Speed Rear Ambrosio CC24 Rear wheel Maxxis Monorail Tyre (Back - ridden as much as the front)
No Chain
Shimano Road Pedals ( Worn but working )