The GoPro Thread

downhillar

Likes Dirt
hey guys and girls, i dont know if this will take off or not but i thought it was worth a try as there are various gopro threads kicking around.

now is definately the time to buy as i'm sure everyone already knows, i got mine for $300 delivered, it arrived today! yay!

i was hoping there would be a bit more flexibility in terms of making your own mounts but it seems like Gopro has really limited your ability to do that with it's 'interlocking fingers' mounting system.
anyone got any good ideas?

also, is there any way of taking just one photo at a time without having to start the take-a-photo-every-2-seconds sequence and then stopping it again?
i was hoping you'd be able to just press the shutter once and take a photo but i cant work out how.

hiredassassin

Likes Dirt
i was hoping there would be a bit more flexibility in terms of making your own mounts but it seems like Gopro has really limited your ability to do that with it's 'interlocking fingers' mounting system.
where did you get yours from??

For extra mounting options - i think the tripod mount would allow you to start making your own mounts as you could bolt it directly to things..?

http://www.goprocamera.com/products/tripod-mount.php

casnell

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What software do people use to edit their movies? I've got a Mac and iMovies seems a bit cumbersome, any other thoughts????

Wikid Z

Likes Dirt
What software do people use to edit their movies? I've got a Mac and iMovies seems a bit cumbersome, any other thoughts????
As someone new to video editing since I got myself a GoPro, I am trying Magix, Movie Edit Pro 17 Plus on a 30 day trial.

This is one of the cheaper options out there, but has had very good feedback.

It really comes down to how much you want to spend.

Adobe Premier

I am on a PC so started with Windows Live Movie Maker, it doesn't take long to hit some walls with this app though (like can't do slow motion). I am trialling Adobe Premier which is great, a bit pricy though but at least it is a full scale app so you won't hit any limitations and the time developing your skills won't be wasted.
Premiere makes it really easy to work with multiple sound and video tracks and mix them together to get a quality sound track.

Linda
www.EnduroExplorer.com

downhillar

Likes Dirt
i had a go with mine in the car today.
i stuck it on the windscreen cause i'm a bit worried about causing panel damage from the suction cup (that thing is extremely strong!)
video came out pretty cool, seems like you need to be kinda close to the lens to get a decent quality image though (on r4).
i'm stilll impressed though :)

hiredassassin

Likes Dirt
i had a go with mine in the car today.
i stuck it on the windscreen cause i'm a bit worried about causing panel damage from the suction cup (that thing is extremely strong!)
video came out pretty cool, seems like you need to be kinda close to the lens to get a decent quality image though (on r4).
i'm stilll impressed though :)
care to share some footage?

galumay

Likes Bikes
Just ordered a GoPro HD with all the fruit direct from GoPro in the US. Should be a fun toy to play with!

sam705

Likes Dirt