The Gran Turismo 5/ Racing simulator Thread.

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
Im in for the GT300 too, seems like good fun.

Ill (probably) be using the subaru, my psn is CAPS_LOCS
Added to the list. Can you send me a friend request... ll__VENOM__ll (2 L's and 2 "_" each side.)

.... Is there no love for the Lexus or the ARTA Garaiya ?? lol.

FYI guys, I believe you MUST have your race car Tagged as a "Favourite". Otherwise you cannot race it online.

Last edited:

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
Sunday 6:00pm was the advertised time

http://users.tpg.com.au/b_brand//index.htm
List of drivers and details is here.
Damage will be turned on so with 9 cars turn1 will be ...interesting. Don't end your race on the first turn :) . . .
CAN WE PLEASE HAVE THE DRIVING LINE TURNED ON!? Seriously, I only ever play with it, going to be shit hard without it!
This is going be great, even though I will get flogged. I'm really quite poor at GT, and I'm bound to finish last, but I'll give it a crack ust for fun anyway!
Well set up WolfCreek! I just got the Cusco Subaru, so put me down as driving that!

Last edited:

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
CAN WE PLEASE HAVE THE DRIVING LINE TURNED ON!? Seriously, I only ever play with it, going to be shit hard without it!
This is going be great, even though I will get flogged. I'm really quite poor at GT, and I'm bound to finish last, but I'll give it a crack ust for fun anyway!
Well set up WolfCreek! I just got the Cusco Subaru, so put me down as driving
sure just as long as you promise not to follow it into the side or back of me. I don't care about other people lol :)

Quick times.. I'm currently running low 1:46's but. There is more to come. ;)

Having said that I have just pulled out a 1:45.843, i think the secret here is just doing some laps to feel just how hard you can push that rx7 once you hit the apex, damn it's sweet.

Just did some laps in the Arta thing..running 1:46's too. Though car needs a little tweaking in the suspension.
Any times from the Impreza boyz?

Last edited:

Joy

Likes Dirt
Clocked up some serious hours on this whilst recovering from my wisdom teeth operation last week. Pretty good fun! Currently driving a L. Gallardo and I'm about lvl15 I think.

It's probably been said, but why does it take a few seconds to load a freaking MENU? The load times in general suck. It's probably the main reason I'm not playing this game more.

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
Clocked up some serious hours on this whilst recovering from my wisdom teeth operation last week. Pretty good fun! Currently driving a L. Gallardo and I'm about lvl15 I think.

It's probably been said, but why does it take a few seconds to load a freaking MENU? The load times in general suck. It's probably the main reason I'm not playing this game more.
Hmmm, I agree, the load times are worth it though. Even with installing the data, I reckon it's pretty piss poor that most shit will take anywhere between 30 seconds to a minute to load, pretty poor if you ask me.

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Yeh they shit me too.. Im guessing you've already installed the game to the hdd?
I think carefully about exactly what I need to do before I do it to keep menu changes to a minimum!

Im so keen to play...i dont even have it offline anymore. I should be online on the 30th tho! Well I hope so... Little sleep No bike no ps3 makes steve something something.

Oh does anyone use a bought racing setup? I lost both my desks so I may replace the one my ps3 was on with a cockpit of somesort... Or maybe a type of desk that you found to be perfect?

Last edited:

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
Yeh they shit me too.. Im guessing you've already installed the game to the hdd?
I think carefully about exactly what I need to do before I do it to keep menu changes to a minimum!

Im so keen to play...i dont even have it offline anymore. I should be online on the 30th tho! Well I hope so... Little sleep No bike no ps3 makes steve something something.

Oh does anyone use a bought racing setup? I lost both my desks so I may replace the one my ps3 was on with a cockpit of somesort... Or maybe a type of desk that you found to be perfect?

I built one when gt5p came out. Took a couple hours and some beer and was pretty fuggen good. I have plans and diagrams somewhere if if it's of interest. I ended up selling it for a hundred odd bucks on eBay cause I didn't have room in the new place for it.

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
I think the Arta can go the fastest in the corners, but its alot harder to drive consistantly I reckon. Mind if I change cars to the Rx-7?
Nope thats fine, the Arta is also wiked under brakes....
I also just found the Wedssport Celica '03 in the UCD and bought it... with oil and engine rebuild it should also be considered as an option for people possibly as
the car currently competes in te GT300 series from what I can tell.

Anyone play with photo mode? I have that many pics its not funny....

My old racing setup, I made 2 :)

Attachments

Last edited:

zauronus

Likes Bikes
My best on fuji in the impreza is 147 flat,, fuji is a hard track for the impreza, the long right hander is interesting..
That said, bring on a wet track and we shall see..........

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
My best on fuji in the impreza is 147 flat,, fuji is a hard track for the impreza, the long right hander is interesting..
That said, bring on a wet track and we shall see..........
Without tuning, stock out the shop, I got a 1:46:263 I think? was defs a 1:46:something low like a 1 or 2. Was pretty flat out, while racing the Japanese specific race series in the Extreme Category for A-Spec, 10 lap race, competition was EXTREMELY easy while using the Subaru, one of the easist races I've been in!

Anyone play with photo mode? I have that many pics its not funny....

Last edited:

whiteman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is it too late to put my name down for the race series?
If not, my PSN is zombie_chew and I will be driving the RE Amemiya RX7.