The Herd

BT180

Max Pfaff
'bout time Al! :)

Good to see your bikes in the daylight rather than illuminated only by the Ayups!

Don't think I've ever seen a Crossmark 2.1 on a Bullit before either. You haven't always had that on there have you?

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Don't think I've ever seen a Crossmark 2.1 on a Bullit before either. You haven't always had that on there have you?
hee heee ... nah ... Bullit is currently in Al the weight weenie mode ... I'm still undecided whether the compromise with the crossmarks is worth the skittish handling on the downs *rubs chin and contemplates wisely ... pffft I'm a weight weenie, who cares about handling :p

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Some teaser pics of my New rig

A much needed update to the Herd ... rigs haven't landed yet ... and my one will be red ... although I'm liking the black.

Haven't decided on build yet ... but will come with Ti CCDB out back and I'd really like crankbro wheels.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
I don't think I've got "The ONE" bike in my collection yet. The Bullit comes close, but it really hurts pedalling uphill

There is only a kilo difference between the Trance and the Bullit in its current guise (not pictured) ... but the Trance loves hills more then me and I'm not overly fit even at my fitest :p.

One day.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Another teaser ...

^^^ comes from Starwars ... Empire Strikes Back ... not really the below vid but its funnier :)

[video=youtube;aKfIyBd-9sc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKfIyBd-9sc[/video]

Another teaser ... have been waiting for this thing for frig'n ages ... but its hopefully landing soon ... I think mine is the team melone colour ... but pfffft

Frame NOX Framekit Flux CC 4.5,
Rearshock DT Swiss XM 180, 190mm, 22.2/8mm
Frame size M
Color melon (yellow)
Fork Rock Shox Reba Team, 1.1/8 ahead, white, travel 120mm [shame its not the 20mm)
Fork accessories Push Loc-Vertical-Left-FS
Headset Acros Ai 22
Stem Truvativ Stylo Worldcup, 1.1/8 ahead, 31.8, 100mm [prolly will be replaced with XTs ... but we'll see ... never used stylos]
Handlebar Truvativ Stylo Worldcup Riserbar, 31.8, 620mm, rise 15mm, white
Grips NOX Sticky Race, black
Seatpost Truvativ Noir Team, 30.9, 350mm
Seat clamp NOX Quick Pin 34.9 ... [will be replaced]
Saddle Selle Italia Flite SLR-XC, white
Crankset Truvativ Stylo OCT 3.3, 175mm, 44 / 32 / 22T, black, 68 mm, GXP Team
Bottom bracket - GXP team
Pedals - Time somethings
Rear derailleur SRAM X0, medium cage, 9 speed
Front derailleur SRAM X9, high clamp, top pull, 34.9
Shifter left SRAM X9 Trigger 3-speed, front
Shifter right SRAM X9 Trigger 9-speed, rear (I'll prolly switch it round top XO shifting X9 mech)
Cassette SRAM PG 980, 11-32
Chain SRAM PC 971
Brake front Avid Elixir CR Mag, PM, 185mm front, 850mm
Brake rear Avid Elixir CR Mag, 160mm rear, 1500mm (looking forward to these)
Rims Mavic Crossmax ST Disc (will prolly be replaced with my old SLRs)
Tires Schwalbe Rocket Ron, 26 x 2.25

weight ... I'm expecting mid 12s

Update on the Antidote.
The Polish obviously work on a different clock ... apparently its on its way ... so hopefully by end of Aug ... I don't have a build decided yet, so no real rush I guess ... we'll see. prolly will get some old bits so I can get some runs on the table ... bah

bipyjamas

Likes Dirt
LoL Nerf, your new bike reminds me of Buzz from Toy Story 1 trying to fit in with Woody and the other toys.

That's some serious looking gear buddy; is it your "between jobs" presents? :cool:

Last edited:

theMerryPrankster

Likes Dirt
When did the Propain come into the picture .. not a substitute for the Lifeline is it?

Not that I'd be complaining, they are one very sweet looking ride.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
good question ... :)

Lifeline is being built up and is still in the works ... just waiting on various bits from slack arse couriers.

Propain came about as part of an ... uhmmmmmm .... unexpected marketing plan :p

I'll be doing OTB demo days to introduce the puppy to the Sydney Market ... soon at a push track near you :p

nick_dales

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Time to get rid of the Gasman sticker on the eastern? I like the look of the Propain man, looks the goods!