The Hills DJ trail log *4 pack finished more pics added*

tallongdownhill

Likes Dirt
Hey guys after moving to nowra and noticing the lack of mtb's (BMX is the craze done here).i went in search of dj's and found a few but more bmx style trails around.I asked the guy at work and he put me on to a set he built awhile ago and lost interest,i asked and he said go build them.I have been travelling to the jumps when i can to shape and rebuild to jumps to a rideable form again.I just got back from building today the 3rd up ramp and downramp and shaped the first one and second as i have been building the dirt up and waiting for it to compact good and hard.Enjoy and tell me what you think for my first attempt to build dj's.

Attachments

Last edited:

SANGER

Likes Dirt
Hey paul nice work on the shaping dude they are coming up nice. But the title is a little incorrect.:p Are you coming for a run tomorrow lunch time at the drop zone. Fathorse, myself and pat will be hitting it up.

tallongdownhill

Likes Dirt
Thanks guys for comments there will 4 jumps when i'm finished.Hell yeah sanger i'll be there to do some riding and building as i need to let the dj's settle with this rain we are havin.Time to build some berms up there,god i love dirt.

Last edited:

tallongdownhill

Likes Dirt
Action pics will be up on sunday as this will be the first time i will be riding it.On my over there now so more pics up tonight of the other stuff.

tallongdownhill

Likes Dirt
Went up yesterday to get it all finished to ride on sunday with some mates.Got the 3rd downramp done,finished the 4th jump,built a small jump on the way to the step up/down and gave the whole lot a clean up and repairs when needed.I'm pretty stoked its all rideable now and cant wait to build more and get some good action pics.Here's some more pics of the rest.Enjoy:D

Attachments

dan-492

Likes Dirt
nice jumps mate, i know the work that goes into dirt trails. looks like good dirt you got there too! here its full of rocks and doesnt hold any moisture so it makes it all the more harder. good effort, keep it up.

p_aull

Squid
Those are shaping up very nicely mate, very good work.
I've only got one suggestion and that is to maybe add some more dirt to the sides of the upramps as they look a bit skinny, unless it isnt a problem for you its just that i think it looks better and theres more room for error.

Keep us updated as you build with some action shots :)

83AST

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Paul they look awesome i have to head up to dirt jump and dh with you. How did the jumps go yesterday it a shame i couldnt come they look very smooth:)

tallongdownhill

Likes Dirt
we headed down but it pissed down rain on sunday mornin so the jumps were a little soaked but i hit up the first jump and goldy done the 1st and 2nd jump then the rain came again so we headed home.:D