The "How stupid do they think we are?" thread

cam-o

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ever listened/watched an ad and thought "man, what sort of moron are they targeting this at?". You know the ones, where they pull some 'fact' out and you're expected to go "WOW" and buy the product.
Thought it would be fun to list the ones that bug you most.

I was prompted to post this by the latest Dyson vacuum, which raves on about the motor spinning 4 times faster than an F1 engine.......so making a 200 - 300gram rotating mass move faster than a 95-100 kilo reciprocating mass is now an achievement? :rolleyes:

My all time favourite - Nutella. Cracks me up how they to to make it sound healthy by saying it has less sugar then Jam and less fat than Peanut butter. Sheesh.

dirtjump

Squid
hahaha there shit i have a shamWOW and there not as good as what the bloke makes them look like hahaahha:D:D

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Bam, and your money's gone!
Last night I saw an ad for "Bam!" cleaning spray and they have introduced a "power meter" for removing dirt, stains, grease, etc.
Have a guess how it goes…
Power Meter 1 = 1 squirt
Power Meter 2 = 2 squirts
Power Meter 3 = 3 squirts
:rolleyes:… wow! You can actually squirt the bottle more than once, I never knew… :rolleyes:

dog boy

Likes Dirt
99% of fitness products. You're not going to be OH SO RIPPED with the fucking ab swing 9000
yer lol or the vibrating pad things you stand on that look atractive to fat ppl as.. " wow you can loose the weight without strenuous exersise"
notice how they always show some toned woman and a tank guy using the equipment with a real big cheesy grin and u know damn well they didnt get that fit using thoes machines. lol

emcgough

Likes Dirt
THIS FUCKING ad pisses me off so much. If you listen to what they are actually saying, the so called "expert" lady with the pink shirt, says nothing more than what the kid's mum originally said. They make it sound as if she's just reeled off a whole bunch of technical information. Then the stupid fucking kid acts all impressed and asks if she can do his homework. I know I shouldn't get so pissed off by this ad, but I do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI_SyX2e0K4

Andy.

Likes Bikes
that topsy turvy tomato planter add drives me insane.
if you have seen the add, the say "growing your tomatoes on the ground gives it a bigger risk of falling to the ground and spoiling your tomatoes"
wont this happen anyway because of gravity?!

Last edited:

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
THIS FUCKING ad pisses me off so much. If you listen to what they are actually saying, the so called "expert" lady with the pink shirt, says nothing more than what the kid's mum originally said. They make it sound as if she's just reeled off a whole bunch of technical information. Then the stupid fucking kid acts all impressed and asks if she can do his homework. I know I shouldn't get so pissed off by this ad, but I do.
Haha...this shit makes me laugh. Because i'll probably end up buying it sometime.

tc2233

Likes Dirt
My mum is addicted to buying unnecessary things off those morning tv shows.
ShamWow's dont work no where near as good as the guy from the tv ad say they are.
She has bought various exercise machines. Most of them have been alright except for the Ab swing Pro. There is no way you can use that and be built like a tank for only 3 minutes of use per day.
That oven cooker thing that cleans itself is pretty crap too. You still need to clean it and it is way easier just using a normal oven or microwave.
Most cleaning produccts advertised dont work.
The only good thing that she has bought is the multi use ladder and it actually does everything the ad says it does.

cam-o

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I hear ya on this one. I wish the kid would turn around and say "well that's no explanation, you twit."