The "I will ride _____km in 2024" thread - commit and conquer here!!

safreek

This coming year I am going to aim for 2 rides a week, 20k per ride. Going to try and get some sort of tracking app that works. If I can't hit the track I will hit the local bike track on rous road, good luck on banging out 20ks on that little track on a dh though.
Fuel has been the major limiting factor with a bloody Pajero, 20 litres of juice for the hundred K round trip is a bummer
Well, that certainly didn't happen

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
The lowest stats in over 10yrs. 2000km less distance, 15,000vm less climbing and 80hrs less riding than last year.

To think a few years back I was doing 3 x this total.

Zero injuries to blame but excess work load has stopped me commuting as much in 2019.

Doing the Mawson trail has certainly help my stats look better.

Onwards and upwards for 2020.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
In 2019 I will ride........

2,500 km more in a 12 month period than I ever have before.

I was happy the first time I rode more than 6,000 in 2011, then a special effort on the last ride of the year broke 9,000 in 2014. 10k was never ever going to be achievable, until new bike and a race season happened.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
2019 was a non-event for me in terms of riding due to injury and family responsibilities.

I have to remain realistic for 2020 so I'm lowering my goal to 1000km.

HAve to see if I can get my Garmin up and running again yet. Hasn't had a charge in it for 12 months....

Scotty T

Walks the walk
2019 was a non-event for me in terms of riding due to injury and family responsibilities.

I have to remain realistic for 2020 so I'm lowering my goal to 1000km.

HAve to see if I can get my Garmin up and running again yet. Hasn't had a charge in it for 12 months....
A bunch of my rides were with RB crew this year, having riding buddies has been huge in me clocking up a thousand.

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I snuck my last 35 km in Today and did just over 2000 km this year on dirt. I was pretty happy with this and I will aim for this next year. I also aim to spend $1 per km on MTB gear this year to keep the budget in check and push out the ks.

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
7500 km.... yeah, laugh it up fuzzball

Do we come back to this thread and update our totals? (yeah, we do filthy road riding to get to work)

Jan 763km.... 6,737‬km to go (edited Jan 30)
Feb 1,374.4km.... 5,152km to go (edited Mar 2)

Last edited:

ozzybmx

Sorry Ozzy - all downhill from here...
agreed he’s peaked, like iphone sales—only way is down
Yeah... I actually think yous are right but I'm hoping for the best.
Well.... I didnt know until Feb that I would be doing a 15 month TAFE course this year and part of next, that 20 hrs additional work a week at home has well and truly f%#ked me for 2020.

Sold my roadie last year so they are all gravel and MTB kms, only 20 days from the hump of the year and only clocked 1394km, got another run up the Mawson, South to North this time, looks like it will be similar if not less than last year.

So yeah, downhill... like iphone sales :rolleyes:

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
decent elevation numbers given those hours, i’m on 150 hrs and 45000 elevation...road bikes s are shite, only good for giving roadies lots of mouth (which i’m known for from time to time)

ozzybmx

...road bikes s are shite,
Too dangerous these days. Started doing a gravel commute up the hill to home rather than ride the road, enjoyed it more so the roadie got sold after not being used for 6 months.

45000vm is pretty good for nearly half year, I used to reach the 100000vm around Oct/Nov... back in the day when iphone sales were flying upwards and the dad-bod was 10kg lighter ;)