The "I will ride _____km in 2024" thread - commit and conquer here!!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Haven't ridden my a bike in a week :rolleyes: probably the biggest break since the start of the years health issues. Had a busy round of shifts finishing on xmas day, chrissy stuff, family commitments and was feeling a bit under the weather (covid neg) for a few days.
Was going to go out today but sons are off and #1 asked me to do the spray on tub liner mod on his ute, turned out really well too. Ride planned for tomorrow.

Nearly every kilometer this year was MTB, a lot eeb in there too. Mostly smaller 20-25km rides.

186 activities so did something on 50% of days this year. Broke the 100,000vm so happy with that. Down on last years 6700km though.

Surprisingly, I didn't touch the ground once this year, zero injuries but a few close ones. The biggest gain this year is my riding has moved up a level, hitting jumps that used to worry me without even thinking about them and ticked off lots of steep techy stuff that I was a bit cagey on.

dfghdfh.jpg

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
2023 ride.jpg

Yeah, there's a lot of synthetic Km, and the rest is just gravel... so you can halve that and subtract 94%.....

still, fat pig be riding..... still have a shite load of the Rapha500 to get done this year... tomorrow, we want to see how many synthetic KMs we can do... feel free to join us on Zwift.

and for elevation, we're fat.... getting out of a chair should be rewarded...

merry new yearz

ozzybmx

View attachment 405679
Yeah, there's a lot of synthetic Km, and the rest is just gravel... so you can halve that and subtract 94%.....

still, fat pig be riding..... still have a shite load of the Rapha500 to get done this year... tomorrow, we want to see how many synthetic KMs we can do... feel free to join us on Zwift.

and for elevation, we're fat.... getting out of a chair should be rewarded...

merry new yearz
Nice job @Spanky_Ham, been a few years since I hit 12000km for the year and it was only the once.

Good luck on the festy, its a difficult target to hit and potentially at the worst for family commitments and hottest time of the year.

You need to break its back early or the kilometers compound and leave you a faaked up distance to hit in the last few days.

2014 Festy left me a massive job with my rear light going out at midnight with 110km done, forcing me to have a 4 hour sleep.

jhgfhjghjfg.jpg

ozzybmx

Rapha used to send out an actual 'Woven Roundel' to everyone who completed the Festive 500.

Around 2018 they stopped and gave you a digital badge.

I got 3 roundels from around 2014-2017, did 3 successfully, failed 3. Also got the climbing roundel for 9366 in 7 days... ahhh when I was fitter.

Resized_20191206_121646.jpeg

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
According to the watch I cracked 3,500km. A quiet month while on LSL and doing the Gibb River Road. Busy months trying to get fit for the Gravelista (trying being the operative word).
I'll aim for 5000km in 2024 then. Means I'll really need to stick to the ride to work > 1 per week.
Riding to work really makes a considerable difference in your yearl totals.

Last edited:

ozzybmx

I’m very fortunate that 75% of my 25km each way commute is on shared pathway and the rest is is highway, where although there’s a lot of traffic, there’s not many intersections or crossings traffic to bother me.
I used to ride a couple of times a week but not anymore.

The last 5km of mine is through Port Adelaide, where all the Northern bandits that actually have a job, work. It Commo and Coona heaven, all doing 30kph over the speed limit and ready to lick and blow over on a drugs and breatho.

Chunts wouldn't even go wide to overtake, squeezing past you with a car on the other side of the road and leaning on the horn for their amusement.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
I used to ride a couple of times a week but not anymore.

The last 5km of mine is through Port Adelaide, where all the Northern bandits that actually have a job, work. It Commo and Coona heaven, all doing 30kph over the speed limit and ready to lick and blow over on a drugs and breatho.

Chunts wouldn't even go wide to overtake, squeezing past you with a car on the other side of the road and leaning on the horn for their amusement.
Yeah, that would suck :confused:

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
After doing 4000kms the last 3 years I decided to go for 5 this year. As per usual there’s a heap of local ST in there, but when you can ride in/ ride out whenever you can pinch a couple of hours, I’ll take it. I have managed to get out to You Yangs, Buxton, Lysty in the last couple of weeks though as the goal looks like it’s on.

View attachment 403024
I couldn’t possibly ride tomorrow and mess this up…
IMG_2412.jpeg