The jumps

juzzo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
For those of you who know where the jumps are and those who still are yet to find them, just be careful. Since most people know and/or soon will, me, josh, dan, lembo and nick(the usual bmx crew) found the body of the woman on the front page of todays paper. There were no suspicious surcumstances surrounding her death. but while we were walking we found a variety a drug utensils(bottles full of chrome paint, and spray cans) etc. and there are some ppl who go down to the area before the jumps to do drugs(haralaxton locals). These people informed us that there was a body down there but we thought nothing of it as they were off there heads at the time even so nick rang salvation army and imformed them of a possible homeless person living down there and we were told not to worry. so when we went there on monday we decided to have a look around just incase and it so happens there was. so pretty much try and avoid going down to the jumps by yourself and just watch out for needles etc.

chase1

Likes Dirt
so she was down there for a few days?

with all the people riding the jumps these days you'd think that she would have been found earlier.

i'll be pretty nervous the next time i head down there now.

juzzo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
so she was down there for a few days?

with all the people riding the jumps these days you'd think that she would have been found earlier.

i'll be pretty nervous the next time i head down there now.
yeah at least a week. not many people ride the jumps now, they've been beefed up and so nice to ride now. she was away from the jumps we were looking around and followed this trail at the end of the jumps and went down the hill a bit and seen a bag and we were all like "f*@k this lets turn around" and i walked another few meters and seen the body and we walked back up to the jumps and called the cops and yeah. waited and got interviewed for liek 3hours in the freezing cold. 3 cop cars showed up, the highway patrol car, some big forensic 4x4 with a trailor, a commodore wagon with detectives and a firetruck adn at least another 2 or 3 cars came and went

thompo

Likes Dirt
holy crap thats scary, finding a body on the track while riding, wonder what the real story behind it is.

juzzo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
holy crap thats scary, finding a body on the track while riding, wonder what the real story behind it is.
she had a mental condition or something i think, there's a heaps of stuff that lead us to finding her but really to lazy to type and have to go to work

chase1

Likes Dirt
do you mean over that turkey mound thing to the right just pasted the barbed wire? where we started building that dh track ages ago?

if it was thats very lucky that you found her otherwise she could be down there for ages before she was found.

thompo

Likes Dirt
she had a mental condition or something i think, there's a heaps of stuff that lead us to finding her but really to lazy to type and have to go to work
the story said her condition wasn't life threatening though, maybe it took a turn for the worst?

juzzo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
do you mean over that turkey mound thing to the right just pasted the barbed wire? where we started building that dh track ages ago?

if it was thats very lucky that you found her otherwise she could be down there for ages before she was found.
yeah just after the turkey mound near the lil creek.

MrPlow

TMBC
I went down there once for a ride with my daughter (she wanted to go for a ride and I was curious) and she got totally freaked out hey, I wonder if ppl were watching us. Got a bad feeling and got the fuck outta there.

Anyway, what I am getting at is maybe you guys should stay out of there, it is obviously well known by the local chavs down the hill, and my guess only a matter of time before some doped out dropkick lays a prank on yeo or worse.
You (club members) got dirt jumps at the showgrounds with water there and all. build there??

juzzo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I went down there once for a ride with my daughter (she wanted to go for a ride and I was curious) and she got totally freaked out hey, I wonder if ppl were watching us. Got a bad feeling and got the fuck outta there.

Anyway, what I am getting at is maybe you guys should stay out of there, it is obviously well known by the local chavs down the hill, and my guess only a matter of time before some doped out dropkick lays a prank on yeo or worse.
You (club members) got dirt jumps at the showgrounds with water there and all. build there??
we(bmx crew) agreed we shouldnt go down there unless there's at least 4 or 5 of us, im quite happy doing this as im the youngest and most of the other dudes r 19+ thois still doesnt mean nothing can happen but its better then a group of 12 year old squids ( no offence). and the reason we dont move to the showgrounds is cause im not a club memeber and most of the guys i ride with are bmxer's and the jumps r amazingly good atm. they get maintained and swept at least once or twice a week. we'll continue to ride that but cant see that happening any time soon, where all still freaked out. you no somethings hit hard when a guy who does backie no-handers n flairs goes white as and starts shaking. its one of those things you wont forget for a while. anyway i agree with Mr plow, those who are club memebers i suggest put your focus to the ones out at the showgrounds and make something out of them.

Tobe25

Likes Bikes
Thats crazy, ive been to those jumps a couple times with one or two mates...might make sure we have a decent group of us before we go riding there again. You guys have put a huge effort into those jumps as well and I would be happy to lend a hand on build and maintainence days...

juzzo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
went back today and was talking to the owners of a house to the left of the no dead end sign thing and they were robbed while they were out the front of there house. just some dodgy people going round so watch out