The last movie you've last watched last

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
The Impossible: Spanish family anglicize their names and get Ewan McGregor and Naomi Watts to body double for them, fly into Thailand in Business Class for a Xmas holiday, buy their kids shit Xmas presents, get caught up in a devastating tsunami with a million other people but somehow survive without losing anyone then f*** off on a private jet to Singapore at the end whilst all the other pleb with shards of palm tree stuck in their unmentionables have to suffer in overcrowded Thai makeshift M.A.S.H units waiting for news on loved ones that will never come.

F*** that film.

Zero Dark Thirty: It's a movie of 3 acts.

Act 1: Lot's of dudes get tied up, stripped naked and beaten in what is either a very tame attempt at copying the 'Hostel' films or a sampler of Peter Slipper's home video collection (allegedly)

Act 2: Lots of talking about stuff. Ginger chick gets confused as to whether she is supposed to be playing Claire Danes in Homeland or the Dowdy Mum Cop in the US version of 'The Killing. Sadly she opts for the latter. A couple of bombs go off. Big words are used but at least it's not in a dumbing down way like Aaron Sorkin's scripts. It's ok. Very well acted but my attention did waver a bit.

Act 3: They send in the Navy Seals to go kill Gandalf. You know what happens yet you still find yourself on the edge of your seat for the whole hour, totally enthralled wanting to shout '"America, Fuck Yeah!" but restraining yourself as the mood on screen is definitely one of 'covert shutting the fuck up'.

Then it's all over, the credits roll and you're stuck with an overwhelming desire to play one of the stealthy night-vision missions on COD.

Last edited:

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Couldn't finish watching the Impossible, for a number of reasons.

Watched Dredd (2012), it was ok, but nowhere near as good as the original.
Skyfall, watched it again, love good Bond movies.

So I finally got around to watching The Dark Knight Rises and holy farking wow is that a good movie. I've had it lying around for a while and never bothered to pop it on; an inaction I now regret.

Broken Bones89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've seen it before but I watched Memphis Belle again last night. God I love war plane movies and this one is top bloody shelf.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
Looper, rate it fairly highly, elicited a lot of discussion post film, which I think is a sign of a well constructed plot.

The scene with 'old' Seth was awesome, best scene in a flick for a long time.

If you liked 12 monkeys and time paradoxes, you'll like Looper.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Wreck-It Ralph.

Like Toy Story but for gamers. Packed full of old-skool 8-bit goodness, A top soundtrack for the most part, great characters and neat ideas like an animated Skrillex making a Daft Punk 'Tron'-esque cameo (but playing really lame party tunes instead of dubstep) and a 'Halo' style FPS character suffering from PTSD.
Loved it to bits and would definitely watch again if only to pick up all the gamer references I missed first time round.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Wreck-It Ralph.

Like Toy Story but for gamers. Packed full of old-skool 8-bit goodness, A top soundtrack for the most part, great characters and neat ideas like an animated Skrillex making a Daft Punk 'Tron'-esque cameo (but playing really lame party tunes instead of dubstep) and a 'Halo' style FPS character suffering from PTSD.
Loved it to bits and would definitely watch again if only to pick up all the gamer references I missed first time round.
Based on this comment alone, I'm gunna watch it.

My latest....Sound City. Awesome doco about the Sound City Studios and the artist that recorded there. Check it out if you haven't already.

OIL

Likes Dirt
Based on this comment alone, I'm gunna watch it.
yep i took my daughter to see it on the holidays, i purely wanted to see it for the 'street fighter' character references. half a dozen characters out of my favourite game since the 90's (that i still play mind you) was an absolute cracker to see. especially the scenes with Zangief and Bison - the Ryu scenes are a pi$$er. yeah i recommend it.

the last movie i actually watched, that we seem to watch consistently is 'cloudy with a chance of meatballs'. it's such a clever film and the characters are excellent! we love it.

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
empire strikes back. introducing my 5 year old son to star wars, he loves it just as much as i did, but with all of a young kids enthuiasm

nathanm

Eats Squid
V/H/S - Didn't take long to work out why people were passing out and puking in the cinemas. 1 1/2 hours of shaky handi-cam makes you literally feel sea sick very quickly.

However as a Horror movie, well 6 individual movies intertwined was an excellent ideas and worked. The first short is excellent and the third really freaked me the fuck out. watch it at home, late at night, by yourself with the lights off and be prepared for nightmares, if you sleep at all.

8/10 - would be a 9 but dead set the shaky filming makes you ill.

Have just downloaded the ABC's of death and John dies in the end. I'm really keen to see how that one finishes :lol:

Broken Bones89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have watched a lot of movies in my time and have found that 'perfect 10' movies are few and far between but I've seen two of them in the last week.

James Bond: Skyfall. 10/10 nuff said.

Django Unchained 10/10. I'm not going into details, just watch it.

stinky1138

Likes Dirt
I have watched a lot of movies in my time and have found that 'perfect 10' movies are few and far between but I've seen two of them in the last week.

James Bond: Skyfall. 10/10 nuff said.

Django Unchained 10/10. I'm not going into details, just watch it.
+1 Skyfall It was a lifelong dream of mine to be a Bond Girl, until I realised it was the 90s and Piss boozeman was Bond :(
Skyfall really brings Bond back, especially from Quantum which frankly I'm still not sure of the plot.... I saw it with my nephew, it was his first Bond ever at 15! It's been out for a while now, but really a must see if you were ever at any point in life a Bond fan.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
I really liked Skyfall. I took my 12-year-old son to see it, he loved it. He's into cars, and went a little bit mental when they brought out the old Aston Martin.

Jeffgre_6163

Likes Dirt
Argo
Was it worth the best picture Oscar?, Dunno but as a spy thriller based on a true story it is a ripper.
Even knowing the ending I still found it edge of the seat stuff.

Those real CIA types or any other covert activities organisation members must have balls of steel.