The last movie you've last watched last

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Hmmm, I'm approaching Rogue One as a spin off of Star Wars done with a basic script, lower budget and less production time. It could be great but man, it could be horrible too. I'll watch the trailers but like all Star Wars material, I'll avoid reviews and opinions until I see it for myself.
Rouge One, is a feature length advertorial for action figures and lunch boxes. Nothing more.

Can anyone confirm it's a sequel to the prequels, but a prequel to the sequels, which were actually the originals?

Meh, think I'll just masturbate with a cheese grater instead.

#nickstevensisachunt

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Rouge One, is a feature length advertorial for action figures and lunch boxes. Nothing more.

Can anyone confirm it's a sequel to the prequels, but a prequel to the sequels, which were actually the originals?

#nickstevensisachunt
This I don't understand...Why does it need to fit in with all the other films? It is a stupid idea and shows the lack of creativity that has brought 2.5 great films into an orgy of disgrace and shame. FFS Disney, you own all the intellectual property...tell a completely new story in the same "universe" and allow it to be free of all the bull shit hangovers. It isn't like George is going to storm in mid-way through the production and demand Jar-Jar be put back into the picture.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
But what are we..agreeing_ too?

That the last move I've watched is the.._last time / I'll ever watch+that:-_particular#movie?
Probably that it was, unarguably, the 5th best animie to come out of the second quarter of 1987.

#nickstevensisachunt

Beej1

#nickstevensisachunt
As far as I understand, it is the story of how the plans for the first Death Star were obtained by the rebellion. I.e. how they found the exhaust vent with diameter of nearly equivalent size to a womp rat.

So, yes. A sequel to the prequel, and a prequel to the OT. But Disney/Lucasfilm will stick with "An Anthology Story".

Directed by the guy who did the 2010 film Monsters, until Disney went "No! It's not cheesy/campy enough ... what is it with you young 'edgy' directors?" ... and subsequently re-filmed by the guy who wrote the Bourne film screenplays, and directed the one you hate.

Basically a recipe for clusterfuckedness and toy sales, as you point out.

Enjoy that cheese grater.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Directed by the guy who did the 2010 film Monsters, until Disney went "No! It's not cheesy/campy enough ... what is it with you young 'edgy' directors?"
Really...FFS! He'd be the perfect bloke to direct the Boba Fett movie we all want, instead of all this stinky cheese we're getting.

It got a trial run last night, in place of doing the census. Might need some vinegar thrown into the mix by the sounds of things...

#nickstevensisachunt

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
As far as I understand, it is the story of how the plans for the first Death Star were obtained by the rebellion. I.e. how they found the exhaust vent with diameter of nearly equivalent size to a womp rat.

So, yes. A sequel to the prequel, and a prequel to the OT. But Disney/Lucasfilm will stick with "An Anthology Story".

Directed by the guy who did the 2010 film Monsters, until Disney went "No! It's not cheesy/campy enough ... what is it with you young 'edgy' directors?" ... and subsequently re-filmed by the guy who wrote the Bourne film screenplays, and directed the one you hate.

The footage I saw had a bit of an Apocalypse Now/Full Metal Jacket vibe and the wots is that it's still very much Gareth Edwards show so I'm optimistic. The reshoot were happening months ago - it's not a last minute thing.

Martin.au

Likes Dirt
What have I seen lately.

Civil War: Excellent.
Ghostbusters: Really liked it. I can see it getting a spot in my "ridiculous team come together and win, plus shenanigans" film genre collection, alongside Super Troopers, the original ghostbusters, etc.
Star Trek: Beyond: Really glad they ditched all of JJ Abrams tiny universe tech (eg: super transporters). Much more old school star trek vibes. Now if they could just sort Kirk out and stop him being such a knucklehead. Needs less Rambo, more cunning and skullduggery.
Hunt for the Wilderpeople: Majestical.

So far this year, I've been really happy with what I've seen in the cinema.

As for dvd rental.
One stands out. BvS. What a clusterfuck of a film. It's like the director declared war on the fundamentals of storytelling. :D

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

No doubt they will figure out how to make a series from it too...will the spy turn double agent in the next install and tell the empire the rebels have a base on hoth? Then try to redeem herself by telling the rebels there is a new death star? Maybe she has a love child to Boba Fett along the way too! Oh and she probably needs a film where she tells Vader that he is Luke's father.

Beej1

The footage I saw had a bit of an Apocalypse Now/Full Metal Jacket vibe and the wots is that it's still very much Gareth Edwards show so I'm optimistic. The reshoot were happening months ago - it's not a last minute thing.
Guess it depends whose stories you believe. I read in numerous places that after a rough cut screening of the film, executives felt the movie was 'tonally off' with what a classic Star Wars film should be like. Essentially, it was going to be a 'war film' set in the Star Wars universe. Now they're apparently making it 'more like Force Awakens', whatever that means. More shitter, is how I read that.

I'm cynical when it comes to large studios and their drive to make $$$ over good, original material.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Guess it depends whose stories you believe. I read in numerous places that after a rough cut screening of the film, executives felt the movie was 'tonally off' with what a classic Star Wars film should be like. Essentially, it was going to be a 'war film' set in the Star Wars universe. Now they're apparently making it 'more like Force Awakens', whatever that means. More shitter, is how I read that.

I'm cynical when it comes to large studios and their drive to make $$$ over good, original material.
The behind the scenes teaser that came out a month ago seemed to be very much still on the war movie trip and I'm hopeful that Disney have taken notes from their other massive money-spinning franchise (Marvel) where individual films in the shared universe are allowed to have their own sense of style.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

Oh great another fucking death star film!

The behind the scenes teaser that came out a month ago seemed to be very much still on the war movie trip and I'm hopeful that Disney have taken notes from their other massive money-spinning franchise (Marvel) where individual films in the shared universe are allowed to have their own sense of style.
Force awakens meets saving private Ryan.

Wellsey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bernie_film_poster.jpg

This is awesome, watched it on Netflix.

Real story, uses real people from the town it happened in. Jack Black is fucking great.