The last movie you've last watched last

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This is very encouraging. Apart from anything else I found the dialogue in the first one to be infantile, like a bored 8 year old wrote the script. Assuming that was Director Wheedon's attempt to make it more like The Avengers without noticing none of the main characters had any charisma.

It is 4 hours long now or something - too long or were you engrossed and didn't notice?
Whilst my wife likes the genre, she's impatient. She sat through 4 hours happily...

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Wait! 4h movie? Is it just a self indulgent directors cut or something? Actually, don’t tell me. Rather not know.
You know you're secretly interested. Especially if you view it through the prism of a bad Christian movie where suddenly Superman is Jesus. Then Jesus will be fighting evil temptation / secular satanists with his superfriends or something. Doing this essentially makes it the same as the rapture. Probably.

moorey

call me Mia
You know you're secretly interested. Especially if you view it through the prism of a bad Christian movie where suddenly Superman is Jesus. Then Jesus will be fighting evil temptation / secular satanists with his superfriends or something. Doing this essentially makes it the same as the rapture. Probably.
No, no I’m not, and no I won’t.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wait! 4h movie? Is it just a self indulgent directors cut or something? Actually, don’t tell me. Rather not know.
I know, it's not like Lord of the Rings or the first 100 pages of any Game of Thrones book where nothing happens for ages. It's details and there are elements that need tying together.

It's long, doesn't feel it and has some pretty epic battle / fight scenes.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You might be onto something, he does die and rise again...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You don't like marvel? I'd say it is likely in the same quality of story telling as those Christian films you have an itching for, but with a larger budget.

moorey

call me Mia
You don't like marvel? I'd say it is likely in the same quality of story telling as those Christian films you have an itching for, but with a larger budget.
I’m completely ambivalent to marvel, DC, Star Wars etc.
If you think they share the slightest resemblance to my favorite flavour of movies, you haven’t seen enough.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I’m completely ambivalent to marvel, DC, Star Wars etc.
If you think they share the slightest resemblance to my favorite flavour of movies, you haven’t seen enough.
There is a significant step between too many and finally reaching enough.

Beej1

Justice League - the Snyder cut.
I've watched it twice before cancelling my free 2 week Binge trial. You're right - immeasurably better. Surprisingly decent content for a 4hr movie. As in ... there's some stuff I'd cut if it were up to me, but not heaps.

I'm no Snyder acolyte (of which there are plenty) - he really didn't hit the mark with his first 2 DCEU movies. But this one is pretty damn good. I like it for many of the reasons it's different to MCU movies, chief of which is the 'look' i.e. more artistic/comic-book-esque as opposed to MCU's "looking outside the window and seeing folk in costumes" reality-take.

Take out a few unnecessary dull scenes to chop 10min or so, and speed up about 90% of the slow-mo to chop about another 30min, and it's a pretty tight movie ... which will likely never get followed up with the apocalyptic dream sequences it teases. Pity.

moorey

call me Mia
This movie sounds like my own personal hell. Both content and duration.
After having it described to me in detail, tell me how the Flash couldn’t have done all this alone in 2 minutes, with either super speed to collect the mother boxes, or turning back time. And once Superman is back on the scene, who else is even needed?
Batman and Aquaman sound completely superfluous in every meaningful way.
Actually, no, don’t tell me. I really don’t care even if I’ve completely missed the point :p