The Mont 2013.

Kowalski Brothers

Legends of the Shovel
Would still prefer to enter without jumping through those hoops though. Hopefully the Website just has some bugs.
System should be running fine, but if you are experiencing issues contact us. entries AT selfpropelled DOT com DOT au and we'll put our best hamster on it.

crummy?

Likes Dirt
$207.50 includes Tshirt, entry, bike tree, camping, MTBA lic AND a freakin awesome race track !!! Stop the whinge about race entries, dont like it - dont enter it.

We are done ............ LIVE & LET RIDE in the 6 packs. Horns up and lets RAWWWWWK!
So much fun riding in a team of four this year, exceeded our expectations, I think its a must do

[video=youtube_share;XeHfn0kQK_U]http://youtu.be/XeHfn0kQK_U[/video]

Kowalski Brothers

Legends of the Shovel
Any idea on "roughly" how long the laps will be in distance yet?
We aim for a 18km lap as a rule. This depends a little on the tracks we string together for each race. We've built heaps of new track so we'd like to show some of that and also keep the neat stuff everyone likes. Course loop planning will be underway in a week or so.

MATTY R

Likes Dirt
Quick question about the camping,

Can we park cars in the camp ground? I'd rather sleep in my car, but I don't want to be stuck in a carpark while the rest of my team is together in a camp ground.

loc81

Likes Dirt
While we are on the subject, some of teams wives and bubs are toying with the idea of a caravan (unpowered- only for comfort at night) between them. Is there room next to the tent area for such things? Any advice?

My blog: www.justmytype81.wordpress.com
Stuff about stuff I like- bikes, music, food and laughs. Subscribe.

Kowalski Brothers

Legends of the Shovel
Mont Camping

Yep... You are permitted to park those comfy metal tents right beside your team campsite. We'll be posting up a bunch of camping and venue related stuff in the next week or so to answer any other questions you may have.

Quick question about the camping,
Can we park cars in the camp ground? I'd rather sleep in my car, but I don't want to be stuck in a carpark while the rest of my team is together in a camp ground.

Kowalski Brothers

Legends of the Shovel
Yes to that too...

Yes, caravans are also welcome. We do not offer powered sites, but you are welcome to bring a generator so long as you respect your fellow camper's need for sleep and switch them off later in the evening. As to possible locations, there is a large flat area just beside the main entrance road near the toilet and shower trucks. This is the best spot for caravans but if you are early you could snaffle any number of suitable spots in the general campground that a van could be sited on comfortably.

While we are on the subject, some of teams wives and bubs are toying with the idea of a caravan (unpowered- only for comfort at night) between them. Is there room next to the tent area for such things? Any advice?

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Any maps of the course available yet?
What? are you going to load it up in a garmin 800?. Its alright, you just follow the rider in front of you and dont ride through the plastic tape, and after about 18km you come back into transition........

;)

frensham

Likes Dirt
http://selfpropelled.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Mont2013_Course_Final.jpg

so... how does the crossover work? up near the front nine / woolly wanderer
is there an under/over bridge or err.. a jump?

or maybe a young blond female Irish backpacker with a few piercings wearing a pair of shapely overalls holding a stop/go lollipop?

looking for answers...

- carpetrunner
From the horses mouth, so to speak: "In order to get the Far East trails however, we have had to overlap the course — which could get tricky if you don't have a bridge — We don't have one yet, but we will by race day. Riders in one direction go up and over and riders coming across the track will go under and through. Look for the bridge near Front Nine and Aunty Flo. Neat!"

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It's nothing like last years course. Going to have to go down another weekend to explore that whole forest!

carpetrunner

Likes Dirt
No lollypop girl :(

...we will [have a bridge] by race day. Riders in one direction go up and over and riders coming across the track will go under and through.
Bummer, I was so looking forward to an Irish backpacker lollypop girl with a few piercings wearing a pair of shapely overalls.

Maybe if we all ask nicely we can get one in the transition area?

- carpetrunner

Kowalski Brothers

Legends of the Shovel
Bummer, I was so looking forward to an Irish backpacker lollypop girl with a few piercings wearing a pair of shapely overalls.

Maybe if we all ask nicely we can get one in the transition area?

- carpetrunner
Brilliant idea... but I don't know any lollypop girls (dammit)