the most expensive football (soccer) in the world!!!!

shauno

Likes Bikes and Dirt
err....

guuuuuuuuuuuhhh... :shock:
thats pretty weird..then again that kinda money of theirs might be like 1buck of ours :lol:

Wattsy

Hornsby Cycles
holy fuck, talk bout a lucky catch. scored himself almost 5mil, but the bidding aint over yet.

Tomas

my mum says im cool
The good news is sadam got the death penalty. The bad news is beckham is taking it.... :wink:

I was in Europe for the large majority of the season and happened to be in a rlarge regional soccer crazy town when england lost *dodges beer bottles* :evil: .

bazza

look at me
im still suprised as to HOW he managed to get that ball out of the stadium alive! i mean its pretty hard to hide! and the people around him would of seen him get the thing!!!

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
bazza said:
im still suprised as to HOW he managed to get that ball out of the stadium alive! i mean its pretty hard to hide! and the people around him would of seen him get the thing!!!
how do u know that he was the person who caught it? he could have been one of the several people who caught it, but the lucky one to run away with the stolen ball :lol:

Mason

Likes Dirt
All i know is that soccer people are crazy, and anyone is that staduim would kill for that easy cash on Ebay

naz

Criminally Inane
nah hellsr no yourts fqarake n ] shimoslae i disasfigree

fuckahs yahs fakrioem im, pkdsfoifgoin to biehds

Tomas

my mum says im cool
ha down to 20000 euros. So like 38k aussie.

I was in shrewsbery in shropshire, british midlands. Bro is doin a gap year.

nicklouse

Likes Dirt
the ball is not fake but some of the bids have been a bit strange!

http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/040715/2/5135.html

Beckham's ball heads back down to earth
Thu 15 Jul, 4:13 PM

MADRID (Reuters) - A 10 million-euro (6.7 million pound) bid for the ball that David Beckham blasted into the stands during England's Euro 2004 shootout defeat against Portugal has been ruled a fake.

After running checks on the bids, the Spanish site of Internet auctioneers eBay (www.es.ebay.com) decided to reduced the top offer for the ball from 10 million to a mere 23,650 euros (15,800 pounds).

The ball was put up for sale by the Spanish football fan who grabbed it while he was watching the Euro 2004 quarter-final from Row Q of the Luz stadium in Lisbon.

A bidding war believed to involve genuine collectors and British newspapers, anxious to get hold of the ultimate memento of a penalty miss that helped cost England a place in the semi-finals, was also joined by pranksters who hiked the price to astronomical levels.

The interest in the ball has created a major headache for the eBay, who have had to introduce a new series of security checks in order to establish the authenticity of the bids.

"Nothing like this has ever occurred in Spain before," company spokesperson Inma Solis said on Wednesday.

"We are having to check out each bid with our departments in other countries and are trying to cancel out those we believe to be false."

Pablo Carral, the 25-year-old Deportivo Coruna fan who caught Beckham's spot kick, said he only realised the interest the ball might generate after he had been contacted by a British newspaper who were anxious to get their hands on the trophy.

"I decided to put the ball up for auction after a British paper tried to buy it," he said.

"I was also rung up by several Irish daily papers saying they wanted to get hold of it in order to poke fun at Beckham and the English -- it's complete madness."

The ball, embossed with the names of the teams, the date and match venue, will be up for sale until July 22.