The movie 'Hancock'

Customjimmy

Likes Dirt
I just wanted to save a few people some money. We had a babysitter for the first time since my 8mth old daughter was born and went out for a drink and a movie, and then the Hollywood machine throws this nonsense at us. It held some real promise early, and then, inexplicably, the producers handed the scriptwriting duties over to some dyslexic, demented knee-crawling child with the diligence and integrity of a weasel on crack. Now I'd be happy enough to cop some poor writing to see some 2nd rate computer-generated whizz-bangery, but these cynical bastards just booked Will Smith and went straight back to snorting coke of the arses of badgers (or whatever it is that producers do) without hiring a writer, or indeed anybody to check that anything made the slightest bit of sense in this film. It was seven different kinds of shit. Save your pennies and go see Batman. 1 star.

What did you think, Margaret?

I feel so much better now.

dcrofty

Eats Squid
Shame, I saw a preview and thought the idea had promise.

Anyone seen Wanted yet? I keep hearing good things.

roasted

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I quite enjoyed it. sure it was cgi'd, sure there were some hollywood plot turns, but I went in expecting fun/fluff and thats what I got. To be completely fair, there are far, far worse movies out now that you could see.

Customjimmy

Likes Dirt
I quite enjoyed it. sure it was cgi'd, sure there were some hollywood plot turns, but I went in expecting fun/fluff and thats what I got. To be completely fair, there are far, far worse movies out now that you could see.
I've got no problems with the CGI, fun or fluff for that matter, and yes, there are Ben Affleck movies out there to put this in perspective but really, if you're going to make a 200 million dollar movie (or whatever) you can bloody well hire a script writer. The story was ridiculous, self-contradictory and utter rubbish.

JoshyC

Likes Dirt
the producers handed the scriptwriting duties over to some dyslexic, demented knee-crawling child with the diligence and integrity of a weasel on crack.
haha, Sig'd!

By the way.. Thought that movie looked like a load of shit from the minute i saw the previews

Last edited:

tom_burford_orr

Likes Dirt
i saw the trailer and got really puzzled when he through a wale into the ocean. first of all how does he through it in the ocean? second of all wouldn't it die and kinda kill people on the boat?
i was still going to see it though. Haven't been to the movies in ages. they are always so disappointing. last time i saw some horror movie and the scariest part was that paid $10 to see it.

slip

Beefcake...BEEFCAKE!!!
Some chick reviewed it on TV.

She said the start was good, but the 2nd half sucks for a number of reasons.

Mainly because it has too much romance. When a chick says that, I worry.

|Matt|

Banned
Some chick reviewed it on TV.

She said the start was good, but the 2nd half sucks for a number of reasons.

Mainly because it has too much romance. When a chick says that, I worry.
Ahahaha are you talking about on the Kerry Ann show? I saw that at work the other day too, as ashamed to admit it as I am.