POS The new bike

merc-blue

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Frustrated with a recent flock of bikes, to many knobs and techy buts. I wanted a bike I could just get on and ride everywhere. was tempted to get a STP or something then decided I would stick to my existing "champagne" style bike but do it simply.
When the frame became mine I put it in the stand and I spent an evening drinking beer looking at it plotting its build.
So far I have planned a few bits, all parts I like. things I want to run. I dont care to much for trends or popular parts, just going to run what I want.

Also need to thank Alan at Pushie Industries for the Loaded gear, I seriously love this stuff.

Frame - Production Privee Shan
Front shock/fork - Fox Float 32 CTD with Trail adjust - Spare 150mm FIT RLCs are one while I wait for custom fork decals
Handlebars - LoadedUSA AmXc
Stem - LoadedUSA Amx
Headset - FSA
Grips - ESI Super Chunkys
Saddle - undecided.. what ever feels nice, probably a Spec, Phenom
Seatpost - Loaded USA AmXc, May try a KS dropper or DOSS but not initially.
Front brake - Hope Race X2 180mm
Rear brake - Hope Race X2 160mm
Cranks - Truvativ AKA
Chainring - MRP Bling ring 34T (coming)
Chainguide - Mozartt Wog Mini
Chain - 10Sp XT
Pedals - Chunkeds
Rear derailleur - Zee Shadow+
Rear shifter - XT
Cassette - 11-36 XTR
Hubs - Chris King ISO
Rims - Flow EX
Total weight - Who cares

Last edited:

merc-blue

Likes Bikes and Dirt
updated the specs abit, quite a few parts ordered.

trying to decide on what I should do with forks. weather to go factory decals or custom.

HimynameisMike

Likes Dirt
epic frame.

superb brakes as well. Ive been running hopes for a while and love them.

also like that your not running a dropper seat (well not at first anyway).

Are you going to be doing a 2x10 setup or a 1x10 drivetrain?

GDonehue

Likes Dirt
that looks familiar.... Still trying to find the race, mate - I think the young fella may have put it in one of the lego boxes

The Canfield is rocking too - will place in PYR if i EVER get the front hub sorted for the Havens.

merc-blue

Likes Bikes and Dirt
cracked the shits. put a mix of what ever parts fitted on her today for a ride..

[video=youtube;VLnWf1sQkjY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLnWf1sQkjY[/video]
Even with the most hideous mix of parts and about 100mm of headtube above the stem.

not far from finishing the initial build

dug8713

Likes Dirt
Build pics please! How does she ride? I'd love one of these, but think Production Privee has just sold out of them??

merc-blue

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This is how she is hanging at the moment. waiting on a few more parts.

I cannot decide on which forks to put on. I have 150mm 32s in black kashima white kashima and grey non kashima.
I have been tempted to run black uppers and grey lowers (with the sticker kit designed for white lowers) to try and continue the two tone effect but don't really want to introduce the strong kashima colou, Talking to Jay at Blond bike about doing some black stanchions and the guys at Magneto designs about doing custom decals...

merc-blue

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Been busy this arvo, wanted to get it to a rideable spec to hit some dirt tomorrow

Getting there. Rideable but still got a to-do list:
Saddle
Pedals
Wheels (CK/Flow EX)
revised cable guides to eliminate zipties
New Headset
BlingRing
Shorten the chain when my breaker disables its cloaking device.
Grips (ESIs still coming)
Hope rotors, and Hope adaptor for front
Forks
Tyres
But nearly there.....

But here is a nearly finished bike

and some tasty additions for the near future,

Also I tried to support local as much as possible, apart from a few 2nd hand parts or parts I had hanging in the shed all new parts were bought from Aussie stores.
Nothing form CRC/Wiggle/T7 etc on this bike

dug8713

Likes Dirt
Mmm looking very nice! Even better once you get them shiny new bits on. Next batch of Shan frames is scheduled for June, I got a looooong wait :Cry:

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Im holding of the finished build until the right time to try and wrangle BOM votes..
wah wah wah ... I reckon a few people do this now days ... :lol:

That said ... build looks awesome ... and although I like colour the black and silver is eye catching in a classic understated way.

BTW ... have you 3m'd or frameskined the inside of the headtube behind the head badge ?? mud catcher I've read ... the head badge is my fav part.