POS The new bike

merc-blue

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No updates really.

Got a heap of parts to go on this weekend.

Hopefully my wheels and forks will be ready.

merc-blue

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have the bike together, and its sweet, will put updated specs and pics up tomorrow,

Tempted to get some new Hope Race X2s and a dropper post, just so that it has everything.

merc-blue

Likes Bikes and Dirt
STILL waiting on some parts, got some Race X2s on it but not sure about my colour choice..

Had some spare time while I wait for the new hub axel, so decided to blend the fork adjusters into the rest of the bike..
I thought a soley black and grey bike with blue/red fork adjusters wasn't quite right, soo.

Was hard to photograph but you get the idea

merc-blue

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Fucking Rad!!!!
how did you go about removing the ano!?!?!?
Secret!

Nah just weak caustic soda/drano and then rub them with some watered down toothpaste as a polish, but not enough to bring it to a bright shine.

Its a pretty fine balance between taking of the anno and then taking of the etching or even eating away the alloy.
But 5 minutes in a cup of drano (about 250ml to a "pinch" of drano) and than scrub it with a old tooth brush, the ano comes off like its paint.
May take a few coats.

Also Causic soda sends your blind real quick if you get it in your eyes and it can fizz etc etc etc...... gloves and eye protection are a MUST.

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Watching this with interest :)

Just a quick one for you Merc, I've been asked about 6 times in the past month if I brought your Ti Racer-X frame, obviously I didn't as I've been riding it for a while now (although I would buy yours too if the missus would let me) but do you have any pics of your Racer-X built up at all? :usa:

merc-blue

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just a quick one for you Merc, I've been asked about 6 times in the past month if I brought your Ti Racer-X frame, obviously I didn't as I've been riding it for a while now (although I would buy yours too if the missus would let me) but do you have any pics of your Racer-X built up at all? :usa:

I will see what I can find, not sure I took any from when I was riding it. but I have some pictures from when I put it back together for sale.. I will see what I can find fr you.

Got news some of the trick bits should be hear next week along with the other final few parts... SICK. only part letting me down is a MRP Bling Ring.

merc-blue

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Got my CK front hub adapter FINALLY!!!!
Spec list on page 1 updated.

Waiting on a Bling ring and one other thing she is in essence done,

Got some pictures of her, but she needs to be photographed properly,
Im not 100% sure on black brake hoses, have silver braided ones i could put on but not sure yet and not really that happy with the look of the silver front brake adapter,
should have got a black one.
Also tempted to get the air top cap anoed black so both sides are silver in black.

but its getting to far into being a wanker, really enjoyed building a bike and selecting parts specifically for each individual use. instead of having a mix match bike because part x or part y was on special or cheap.

she ride so well. the reason I decided to build a hardtail was to try and get some enjoyment back into my riding and this has certainly done that.

Attachments

Last edited:

mitchy_

Llama calmer
STILL waiting on some parts, got some Race X2s on it but not sure about my colour choice..

Had some spare time while I wait for the new hub axel, so decided to blend the fork adjusters into the rest of the bike..
I thought a soley black and grey bike with blue/red fork adjusters wasn't quite right, soo.

Was hard to photograph but you get the idea
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i need to do this, the fox fork and shock knobs are the only out of colour things on the bike.

merc-blue

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It makes me sad to say, but i need to sell this bike, seriously sucks!

its such an amazing rig and I spent soo long making it perfect..