The New Sh*t Thread

Drew.

Eats Squid
Nah, it's ment to be Once Where Dinosaurs (as in Once, where dinosaurs roamed), but everyone seems to question it, so I may need to change it if I decide to do anything with it haha.

CTN imports

CTN imports
Hey Guys,

Matt from CTN, i have really been interested in the last few pages and this debate on the shirts design and cost. Drew i think your shirts are good, probably not something i would buy, but certainly something i would see as normal in a skate/surf store, or for other people around the street. Personally that dinosaur line really gets at me, mainly because i didn't understand it, and it really troubled me to understand it. I guess it might appeal to some, but i would think if you have to explain it to people, it might throw people off purchasing it. Just trying to be constructive.

As a bit more of an insider to a market, i was actually blown away at the costs of shirts and jumpers when i was doing some research on a new line not long ago. As you may know i am the importer of Leaf Cycles to Australia, and the Leaf Apparel is doing quite okay.

When i received the samples from china and some from Portugal, i was disgusted in the quality; i really came to a realisation, that i could not sell this quality to anyone, even with a cheap price tag on it.

After shopping around, i found a manufacture in Australia, with very high quality cotton; it was a perfect design and quality to sell on the market. Until i saw the price. It was quite high. A business lecturer recently spoke to me, about his surprise about what people pay, to wear essentially, a brands advertising around, he basically said, some of these basic brand shirt designs, are just advertising, why should i pay large amounts to promote and advertise a company.

This got to me, and it was decided, that on our new shirts, we don't have any need to make money on them; we already do the other products, why don't we basically give them away at cost.

I thought this was a great idea; it wasn't much effort to produce the shirt, and hopefully the price and design, make it something that people will wear around, and essentially, are advertising the rest of my products.

Who knows, this might turn out horribly wrong, if we start selling huge amounts of shirts, as with calculations we end up losing a small amount on each shirt, but at the same time, that few dollars lost, might be some of the best advertising around, and i am happy to pay for that.

I think coming back to it, i would pay higher amounts of money, for a nice artwork, something more original, and I expect high quality from this price for the cost of the shirt. $50 dollars would probably put me off, but at the same time, i know many who would pay that amount for a shirt. I think $50 dollars starts to reach the maximum for what people will pay for a shirt, i know many large manufactures make a killing, but at the same time, that might be the only business they do, so they have to make these amounts to stay in the market.

I guess, the best way to find out if people will pay that price for that shirt, is to put it on sale, and see if it sells. How do you find out how much something should sell for? See what people will pay to buy it. Simple.

Not sure if you found this but I always found that the high cost on the first run was because of the fixed cost of the screens which have to be created to print the shirts. Costing was usually:

t-shirts XXX
Screens XXX
Printing XXX
TOTAL XXX

You really only start to recoup your costs (and make a profit) if you produce more batches of the same design again later on using the same screens. Most printers will hold your screens for a certain time if you ask them.

So on later runs you have already paid for the screens so the costs are just:

t-shirts XXX
printing XXX
Total XXX

So for it to really work for you you need to have a good/ timeless design that you can use over and over again. Also keeping the design simple means less colours which means less screens and less costs.

That's why so many bands run the same design for ages and never change it.

birmY(>_<)

Likes Dirt
why is there so much talk about gay fucking shirts?
who cares? definately not myself
some new shit from deluxe

pompom sprocket

topload stem, not realeased yet