The New Sh*t Thread

'Ross

Eats Squid
Questions:

Whats the smallest front sprocket available? Is there anything in the 17-21t range? Who makes it? Would I need special cranks to use it?

Do those Plastic oddyssey pedals come in totally black, or do they all have a stupid red dot where the pedal axle is? Where in Melburn sells them? And whats a good BMX shop in Melburn?

Your reward:

I will build a bike unlike any other you have seen before and post the results right here:cool: Or perhaps in the post your BMX section:p

del

Likes Dirt
Odyssey+spraypaint make twisted pcs with no red dot hah. Strictly has them for 25 and ted's has them for 20 i believe. Strictly for pretty mediocre prices and good cust service. Teds for good prices and average cust service at times. I dont mind teds as much as some people hate them, but I usually know what i'm after.

As for sprockets, if youre running a regular gear ratio, 8t is the smallest viable commercially made driver. in which case a 22t sprocket is coooooolbeanz. Lots of companies make them. I think it was primo? who was prototyping smaller ones and they found that you need an adjusted crank bolt position to run anything overly small. even 22/8 is getting pretty ridiculous. I think i'll sitck with 25/9 is as small as i'd go until some new driver and chain technology comes out.

Last edited:

rhysrhysbaby

Eats Squid
Questions:

Whats the smallest front sprocket available? Is there anything in the 17-21t range? Who makes it? Would I need special cranks to use it?

Do those Plastic oddyssey pedals come in totally black, or do they all have a stupid red dot where the pedal axle is? Where in Melburn sells them? And whats a good BMX shop in Melburn?

Your reward:

I will build a bike unlike any other you have seen before and post the results right here:cool: Or perhaps in the post your BMX section:p
profile nano imperial comes in 18tooth

http://www.flatlandfuel.com/item.jhtml?UCIDs=849786|889283&PRID=1566923

all PC pedals have the red end cap, but it would be hard to find a replacement cap from another pedal.

www.strictlybmx.com = good bike shop in melBOURNE.

Belle

Eats Squid

It’s been a while since I have posted news about new products but expect more & more in the coming months.

Here we have the first sneak peaks of Liam Fahy-Hampton’s Hell Stallion forks to go along with his signature frame due out mid this year. These forks feature full heat treated Colonized tubing with weight saving drop outs. They are CNC’d from 6mm down to 5mm with an offset of 30mm. Making all those nose wheelie tricks that much easier. 10mm or 14mm drop outs will be on offer.

The fork legs are tapered from 31.8mm down to 25.4mm & use extra thick tubing for strength around the drop outs for all the peg tricks Liam likes to do. Weight of these ones are 895grams & they will come with our no questions asked LIFETIME warranty.

Expect them out in kit form with the Hell Stallion frame, Official stem & one of our headsets in June this year. You will be able to get them seperately in August.

Brozracing192

Likes Bikes and Dirt
http://www.colonybmx.com.au/news/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/bloodyoathltd.jpg

*Frame: Colony Bloody Oath Full Post Heat Treated Colonized CrMo 21”TT 13.75” rear, 75º HA, 71º ST, MID BB, Integrated HS Removable gyro tabs and built-in seat clamp. Smaller diameter tubing all round with slimline dropouts. 4.29lbs frame.
*Forks: Colony Official V3 full heat-treated CrMo with 3/8” dropouts.
*Brakes (rear): Dia-Comp CNC Alloy.
*Brakes (front): Tektro.
*Brake lever (right): Colony Transformer normal bend.
*Brake lever (left): Tektro
*Cable: Linear slick
*Headset: Colony Integrated.
*Stem: Colony Official stem, 7075 T6 CNC.
*Handlebars: Colony Bloody Oath bars. Full CrMo heat-treated.
*Grips: Wethepeople Rhombus.
*Barends: Colony Konka.
*Sprocket: Colony Official 25t CNC 7075 T6.
*Crankset: Colony, 3 piece, 48 splined with sealed MID BB.
*Chain: KMC
*Pedals: Wellgo MG-1 sealed, magnesium.
*Rims: Alex Supra Beta 36h (Black front, Chrome rear).
*Tyres: Primo Dirt Monster (2.1 front, 1.9 rear).
*Spokes: Black stainless steel.
*Hubs: Front – Wethepeople Supreme(bolt style) 3/8”.
Rear – Wethepeople Supreme Q-Lite cassette with 9t.
*Pegs: Colony OneWay Peg™ 3/8” and 14mm (1 x each).
*Seat: Colony Pivotal™ Mid seat.
*Seatpost: Colony Pivotal™ Stump Alloy.
*Weight : TBC but expected around approx 10.3kgs or 22.66lbs out of the box.
*Colourway: Metallic Black frame, fork & bars with Black parts.

possibly the most dialled complete ever?

'Ross

Eats Squid
thanks, decision has been made:) I guarentee Rhys will hate this bike more than the way I spell melBURRRRRRN.

rhysrhysbaby

Eats Squid
There is a link a little bit back, but that's okay.
The intergrated seat/post looks amazing! Kinda like that KHE one posted before just better!
I can't wait untill they come out, I'll be all over it.
thanks for being understanding fieldy hahha

suG

Likes Dirt
from what i read they are a branch of we the people as Trailst4r said this is some more info thanks to Adam22

There's a new parts company called Eclat, here's the press release they sent ( I would put this on the board but it's down ). Basically it's a new parts company by the guys from We The People. Their team so far is Chester Blacksmith and Ashley Charles and the team manager is Brian Tunney. Check out this photo of their seats which look similar to some other seats I posted a few weeks ago.

Introducing Éclat, a fresh new component brand from the creative forces behind wethepeople bike company. Based at wethepeople's international headquarters in Cologne, Germany, Éclat will exist as a separate entity, manufacturing an innovative collection of seats, brakes, grips, hubs, rims, tires, pedals and brake levers, with plans to expand coming further this year. To begin, Éclat will be represented by Portland, Oregon's Chester Blacksmith and the UK's Ashley Charles, with the initial collection of components arriving to retailers by late summer of 2008.

"In a time when the majority of BMX company's components are becoming more identical by the day, we believed it was time to create a brand that manufactures unique components based on function and simplicity," says Éclat owner/art director Klaus Dyba.

In regards to the brand name, "Éclat" (ā-klä', ā'klä') is a French term, which, roughly translated means "excellence." Éclat's first foray into the component market is marked by a brand new patented seat and post design, which is remarkably simple and lightweight without sacrificing strength. Using 3D Torsion techniques, the seat material has been reduced to the fullest, with the final seat and post combo being ready for sale by late summer of 2008.

"I'm really exited about the new Éclat line. They've put a lot of thought into the new products and the people at Éclat have done a great job designing the finished product. I know riders won't be disappointed with the line," says Éclat rider Chester Blacksmith, currently on a European trek and testing a few products from Éclat's line. Additionally joining the Éclat brand is Brian Tunney, who will serve as Éclat team manager.

A list of international distributors will be announced soon.

For more info on Éclat, plus team and product updates, check out the brand new, constantly evolving Web site here: www.eclatbmx.com