The New Sh*t Thread

brodie_rider

Likes Dirt
does anyone know any news on the odyssey tear off seat
im going to buy one when my lbs (above all bmx, Kingsway miranda) gets some in which should be soon

Big_Chief

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hell stallions are sweet as brooo.

im not sure if id be keen on getting one though coz my knees would probably die if i sat down.

<|StreetMeat|>

Likes Dirt
on the colony stuff, the frame is close to the killrdado in my opinion.

BLACK EYE KILLARADO
Headset Type: Integrated (Campy Spec)
BB Type: Mid
BB Height:11.65"
Chainstay: 13.5" Slammed
Headtube Angle: 75°
Seattube Angle: 71°
Seatpost Size: 25.4mm
Seattube Height: 162.2mm (6.38")
Dropout Size: 14mm
Weight: 4 lbs 12 oz (20.25")

Colony Hell Stallion
Gyro Tabs: Drilled Headtube
BB Height: 11.5"
Chainstay: 13.75"
Headtube Angle: 75.5°
Seattube Height: 177mm (7")
Weight: 4 lbs 12 oz

they weight the same.....

del

Likes Dirt
on the colony stuff, the frame is close to the killrdado in my opinion.

SNIP

they weight the same.....
umm......considering how close modern frames are in terms of geo...they arent really all too similar. distinguishing features here are BB height, SO height and rear end, all of which are different. The rest are all pretty standard. Both frames are nothing special in my opinion.

edit: Also, the killorado's weight is for a 20.25, the hell stallion comes in a long TT, id assume they take the weight from that 20.8? model so they dont even weigh a similar amount, really!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 18757

Alot of frames have similiar geo nowdays. Have a look at the Fit S3.5 and the S&M LTF.

S&M LTF $399
Headset Type: Campy Spec integrated
BB Height: 11.8"
Chainstay: 13.65"
Weight: 4lbs 7oz

Fit S3.5 $399
BB Height: 11.8"
Chainstay: 13.65"
Weight: 4lbs 7oz

chelsea_fan7

Likes Dirt
I recently Purchased a Bloody oath for my new build, im pretty sure im not on crack.
Nah, but your didnt pay US$440 plus shipping. I just think its a bit weird that colony think they can charge that much for a frame in the US, which is made made in taiwan. There frames RRP here are a little less then fits, s&m's etc and it just doesnt seem right...
Most people on the US bmx forums think that although colony makes dope stuff, being more expensive then every other company turns people off buying colony products.
Having said that though i think the hell stallion and bloody oath frames look rather sexy.

GUMP

Likes Dirt
colony prices

prices dont really seem all that bad or colony stuff if you take into account:

American dollar is always better than ours. so say an american brand wants 200 frames built in tiwan (sp?) it will cost them less to build plus ship back compaired to Colony/ Tempered any other aussie company

after the frames are shipped to aus they are priced to suit (cost for build, shipping to aus, then shipping on top to next destination)

no point in runing at a loss now is there.

zanecaldera

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nah, but your didnt pay US$440 plus shipping. I just think its a bit weird that colony think they can charge that much for a frame in the US, which is made made in taiwan. There frames RRP here are a little less then fits, s&m's etc and it just doesnt seem right...
Most people on the US bmx forums think that although colony makes dope stuff, being more expensive then every other company turns people off buying colony products.
Having said that though i think the hell stallion and bloody oath frames look rather sexy.
Oh okay i see where your coming from now, and US $440 is a lot of money compared to other frames on dans.

And i agree with that those new frames look awesome. cant wait for my new bike, only a week now :D

chelsea_fan7

Likes Dirt
I think they will be the same price or more then the s3.5's because they are made from the same tubesets as well as being welded in the US. Steel prices have also probably gone up since the s3.5 was released...