The Oaks (Woodford > Glenbrook) run........ at night!

maxwolfie

under-the-radar comedian
maxwolfie ... is this all associated with the new purchase ??? heee heeee ... no excuse for walking the hills now mate.:p
Well, sort of! I suppose the decider for buying the new bike was in fact the Oaks run I did previously during the day - My hands were totally shattered after all the downhill bumps and ruts etc.

Mantra

Likes Bikes
A group of us ride the Oaks every wednesday night, meeting at 7.30pm outside the ranger gate at Glenbrook and then riding reverse Oaks to the helipad via the firetrail, and going out by the singletrack. Occasionally we'll also ride to the lookout prior to the singletrack. We usually finish around 10pm and head off to the pub to reload the carbohydrates :)

Spiders at night PFFT!! You're lucky to see a leaf spider. We're more worried about the kangaroos and wombats that dart in front of you. I came to within a bee's dick to being thrown off by an out of control wombat on the singletrack that scared the crap outta me whilst we were all belting along at 30kmh. My mates on the other hand thought it was the damn hilarious.

Anyway, if anyone wants to join our ride group, drop me a PM.

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
I hate that roadie hill of death ... main reason I'm not a big fan ...

Can we do a soft option and leave some cars down the bottom @ the causeway :D or can we shuttle the sniggle :p.

gate shuts at 6
so toughen up buttercup

A

maxwolfie

under-the-radar comedian
Still a while, most likely in a couple of months...... need to save for some Ay Up's

If you guys already have lights, then do it earlier and I'll organise another for when I have my lights ready to go

olli91

Likes Bikes
I'm scrapping this idea, AFAIK they are paving the whole thing
NPWS said:
From Monday 5 May to Friday 30 May 2008 Woodford Oaks trail will be closed to the public (Mondays to Fridays) to allow the completion of essential maintenance works. The closed section will be between Woodford and the Oaks shelter shed.
I think it will still be ridable on the weekends, or am I wrong?

Mantra

Likes Bikes
Rode the full Oaks today from Woodford to Glenbrook.

What they've done is widened the firetrail and regraded it.

The fast knarly downhill bits are still there, complete with rocks and the singletrack is untouched.

It really makes no difference to how the Oaks normally is other than a smoother ride on the flats and uphills which isn't so bad.

We cruised it to the helipad in 40mins and were back at the Glenbrook station car park by 9.10am having left Woodford station at 7.40am.

It's a nice easy ride with the fun parts still there to enjoy :)

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That's good to hear, though they still have one more week to work on it, or have they appeared to stop?

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
update
did the oaks tuesday night
fireroad has been widened but it's still nice and rough, some good tight inside lines on a few fast corners now, not that there are many corners on The Oaks!

i ripped my mech off about 20m before the helipad in a freak "how the f**k did that happen"moment (The Oaks strikes again) and had to botch up a single speed to finish

A