The official gamers thread.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Myself, I can't wait until the release of GTA4 as well as Halo 3. But firstly I should get my 360 fixed (again :rolleyes: .....goddamn ring of death!!!)
A lot of people have been talking Halo 3 up, is it that good or just another shooter?
By the way GTAIV is now an April 2008 release.

yea ive got an xbox 360, and its damn good fun. theres heaps of games coming up aparently, but the most im looking forward to is call of duty 4 and half life 2: orange box where you get five games in one.

nein!

Squid
Haha! Welcome aboard and good luck!
I see the enemy territory is being reproduced for PS3, I'm eargerly awaiting that release.:D
ah yes, thanks for the welcome! makes posting that little bit easier.

i believe you're talking about the release of enemy territory quake wars. the release of this game has been speculated for months amongst both the competitive ET community, BF2 community and punters alike.

recently they released the beta for it, my first impressions of it are less than impressed. instead of catering for the ET community, which has not had a new game for over 5 years; it seems to be aimed more at the like of BF2 players. now i've got no squarry with anyone, but the physics of the game are so boring. all they do is prone, and camp in heavy vehicles. more pray and spray than aim.

saying that, aim is only really important on computer games. so all in all, it should be a fairly decent for console.. it's just that ET players will be waiting a little longer!

Schism

Likes Bikes
April 2008...I thought it was this year. Now wheres that disappointed smiley.

Hmmmmmm

Oh there he is! -----:mad:

fattyandthepiemakers

I ride an STP
Anyone else addicted to cocaine? (And by cocaine I mean WoW simply because it's as addictive.) I've been bitten by the bug bad! I've only been playing for about 2 weeks but have somehow already reached level 24 with an undead warlock.

nein!

Squid
Anyone else addicted to cocaine? (And by cocaine I mean WoW simply because it's as addictive.) I've been bitten by the bug bad! I've only been playing for about 2 weeks but have somehow already reached level 24 with an undead warlock.
70 undead warrior, and a 49 twink blood-elf rogue here.

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
not a fan of FPS games on consoles at all. the controllers jsut aren't comfortable for me to use after playing on PC for years.

love a bit of ye olde CS as does anyone. also liking MOH.

but my true gaming love has to be Gran Turismo. especially love number 3 (number 4.. dont like the physics so much) and have completed it many times.

my fav trick is hopping in my gen 3 RX7 and lapping quicker than my mates who are in stupid fast cars like an 800hp skyline, only sideways.

also a huge fan of Guitar Hero and a mate bought the 80s one a few days ago. only had a chance to play it once and we all but completed it on expert. its not the most challenging game ever but for fun and longevity its the greatest. nothing like getting a bunch of mates together, a couple of cases and sitting down to an evening of guitar hero. and people can get so worked up agbout it.

my vote for best game of this decade (seriously)

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Use to play a bit of CS and DOD. Now I can be found playng a bit of World of Warcrack when I have time. And no, it doesn't take priority over more important things. If you want to bag me about it, I will meet you at town clock at 5pm tommorow :)

BJ-

Rota Imports
not a fan of FPS games on consoles at all. the controllers jsut aren't comfortable for me to use after playing on PC for years.

love a bit of ye olde CS as does anyone. also liking MOH.

but my true gaming love has to be Gran Turismo. especially love number 3 (number 4.. dont like the physics so much) and have completed it many times.

my fav trick is hopping in my gen 3 RX7 and lapping quicker than my mates who are in stupid fast cars like an 800hp skyline, only sideways.

also a huge fan of Guitar Hero and a mate bought the 80s one a few days ago. only had a chance to play it once and we all but completed it on expert. its not the most challenging game ever but for fun and longevity its the greatest. nothing like getting a bunch of mates together, a couple of cases and sitting down to an evening of guitar hero. and people can get so worked up agbout it.

my vote for best game of this decade (seriously)
So the new 80s version is good?

Ive been debating about getting it or not because i keep hearing mixed responces about it. Im a Guitar Hero fanatic... Love the game to death!

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
So the new 80s version is good?

Ive been debating about getting it or not because i keep hearing mixed responces about it. Im a Guitar Hero fanatic... Love the game to death!
its pretty much identical to number 2 in the gameplay but the songs are better and it seems to paly smoother (number 2 tended to jerk around a bit with 2 wireless guitars)

songs on it are awesome. wrath child and turning japanese in one set!!

EDIT: you will laugh the whole way through the first time you play it cos you'll recognise all these so typically 80s songs with their awesome power solos and think of spandex

Last edited:

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I got a few all over the shop. Mains are on Spinebreaker (US server) and Jubei' Thos and Oceanic server which is pretty much full of aussies.
Choosing the right server will have more of an impact on the game as an overall than you may think.

BJ-

Rota Imports
its pretty much identical to number 2 in the gameplay but the songs are better and it seems to paly smoother (number 2 tended to jerk around a bit with 2 wireless guitars)

songs on it are awesome. wrath child and turning japanese in one set!!

EDIT: you will laugh the whole way through the first time you play it cos you'll recognise all these so typically 80s songs with their awesome power solos and think of spandex
Haha!

Thanks brother...

I think i might have to get it then. Sweet, im stoaked now.

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey, I'm an xbox fan... dunno why.. just am (would love both). I dont always play on the xbox, i buy a game (when i have money) then i play it... finish it.. then its back to boring old games. But im eagerly awaiting GTA :)eek:) and Halo 3!

I also spend heaps of my time (night time) playing CS:S!!!! out of all the games in the world, i gotta say CS is THE best game for longetivity and price! (20$ for a game you get inifinite replay) BTW my current cs:s name is (L3M1NG.ohm :)) xbox is holm33 although i dont play live.

Gaming thread = sweet:cool:

Last edited:

J-ack

Banned
70 Hunter and 8 mage ( :cool: ) on Barthilas, just transferred from Dark Iron because of my guild's stupid raid times. I've recently started playing Pokemon again as well. God I'm cool...

Triggs

Likes Bikes
How could i miss a gamers thread like this!?!

I'm a dedicated gamer, i'm also usually the one everyones screaming "STOP FUCKING KNIFING!" at in CSS gungame :p

More of a PC gamer myself, been addicted to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernoybl. Great game if you've got a high-end machine. Used to play world of warcrack but got bored after level 20.

I play a bit of ye olde xbox, now softmodded for emulator goodness. God i love playing super mario 64 and legend of zelda with the xbox controller.

Also, my steam friends name is SFH_MuDvAyNe for any of you CS players.

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Had a quick blat of my brothers source this arvo. Havn't played cs (1.6! :cool:) for ages and god I sucked.
What server you on fatty? About a month back I wracked up a human pally (first alli) to lvl 30 in less than 2 weeks :eek:

fattyandthepiemakers

I ride an STP
Had a quick blat of my brothers source this arvo. Havn't played cs (1.6! :cool:) for ages and god I sucked.
What server you on fatty? About a month back I wracked up a human pally (first alli) to lvl 30 in less than 2 weeks :eek:
I'm on Jubei'Thos, what's the difference between PvP and normal?