The Orb (Orbea Rallon with white bits)

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Just realised in my long hiatus from the burn that I've not added any of my recent rides to PYR. Well, I'm back at work and it's either waste time on here or go bake outside in the Pilbara sun so here's my #1 bottom-bitch (Apologies for the vulgarity. I've been watching a lot of The Deuce lately.)

IMG_4712.jpg

Frame: Orbea Rallon (alloy)
Fork: Bos Deville FCV 160
Shock: Bos Kirk V2 Rallon Custom Evo
Cranks: Deore - Was RaceFace Aeffect but shredded the thread on one the pedals (think i rushed putting it back to together after a flight) whilst up at Thredbo and the Deore was all they had available.
Chainring: Raceface NW 30t (was 28t originally but cranks no longer centre-mount)
Shifters: Shimano XT M8000
Mech: Shimano XT M8000
Cassette: Shimano XT M8000 11-46t (11sp)
Seatpost: Rockshox Reverb
Wheelset: TWE custom 27.5"
Tires: Maxxis High Rollers 2.4 (front) Maxxis Ardent 2.4 (Rear)
Pedals: Fire Eye Grill
Saddle: Charge Knife

Despite once building up a titanium hardtail purely for the purposes of a travel bike, the Orb has seen the inside of my bike bag more than any other. As well as regular runs round Lysty, the You-Yangs and other VIC hotspots it's done the 100k at the Otway Odyssey, the Passport Du Soleil and clocked up air miles to Moab, East Coast US, Scotland, Rotorua, Tassie and Thailand. It might be a bit on the porky side but I love it to bits!

IMG_1365.jpg

IMG_1823.JPG

IMG_3430.JPG

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Congrats on doing the Otway on that!
It was pure hell! The 100 is about 75% road and fire-trail so i was left behind at the get-go although I did manage to catch up to a mate who was on a carbon 29er hardtail around the 50k mark thanks to the singletrack being a bit on the rough side. Sadly it was back to tarmac and gravel so I was soon left behind again.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
It was pure hell! The 100 is about 75% road and fire-trail so i was left behind at the get-go although I did manage to catch up to a mate who was on a carbon 29er hardtail around the 50k mark thanks to the singletrack being a bit on the rough side. Sadly it was back to tarmac and gravel so I was soon left behind again.
Unfortunately a lot of those big epic races are really roadies on the dirt and a large percentage fire road, which doesn't attract me in the slightest. Nice bike btw!