The Path To 9/11

nizai

Likes Dirt
For those who dont know, tonight and tomorrow on channel 7 is a "docu-drama" called The Path To 9/11. It has been advertised as "The story of what actually happened" and "The official true story"

Problem is, it isnt.

There has been uproar in the United States proclaiming that it is a right wing fabrication. Madeline Allbright, Richard Clarke and even 9/11 victims family members are demanding that ABC not air this show. It proclaims that the Clinton administration were responsible for not killing Osama Bin laden when they had an easy chance. None of which ever happened according to many CIA and whitehouse officials.

One review said: “Factually shaky, politically inflammatory and photographically a mess, The Path to 9/11…has something not just to offend everyone but also to depress them.”

So now the entire thing is being recut for its american airing time, problem is that its AFTER our scheduled airing, will channel 7 just show the incorrect one?

For some more info on this see:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/5326706.stm
http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/09/08/abc.movie/index.html
http://www.roadtosurfdom.com/2006/09/09/strike-a-blow-for-accurate-history-2/#comments
http://thinkprogress.org/?tag=Path+to+911

CNN even have Harvey Keitel saying he had grave doubts about the accuracy of the project!

How can you even have an "official" account of an event like that, especially when it seems to ignore the 9/11 commision report which have billions spent on getting answers.

Any thoughts?

N

Binaural

Eats Squid
How can you even have an "official" account of an event like that, especially when it seems to ignore the 9/11 commision report which have billions spent on getting answers.

Any thoughts?

N
Yeah, why would you trust a commission report when you can get all your facts from some random filmaker? Sheesh, some people :rolleyes:

spartan_s

Likes Dirt
watching this show, its pretty bad.

i have the advantage of having a pakistani roommate, he just keeps shaking his head :)

skwiz05

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just slightly off the track here....
Has anybody actually seen 'any' plane wreckage from the '757'(flight 93 i think) that hit the pentagon?

Apparently it all vaporised or fitted through a 14 ft hole in the wall......pretty weird?

Or was it that it really diched at sea and a 'military' or other smaller jet fighter/missile or something else caused the damage to the pentagon.

Just want to know who has the evidence that it was an actual 757?

m_g

Likes Dirt
Just slightly off the track here....
Has anybody actually seen 'any' plane wreckage from the '757'(flight 93 i think) that hit the pentagon?

Apparently it all vaporised or fitted through a 14 ft hole in the wall......pretty weird?

Or was it that it really diched at sea and a 'military' or other smaller jet fighter/missile or something else caused the damage to the pentagon.

Just want to know who has the evidence that it was an actual 757?
if you havent already, watch "loose change", you can download it for free off the net

spartan_s

Likes Dirt
real life facts

go to google, type find the plane, or find the boeing and check out the site on the pentagon plane crash claims. very interesting

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
For those who dont know, tonight and tomorrow on channel 7 is a "docu-drama" called The Path To 9/11. It has been advertised as "The story of what actually happened" and "The official true story"

Problem is, it isnt.

There has been uproar in the United States proclaiming that it is a right wing fabrication. Madeline Allbright, Richard Clarke and even 9/11 victims family members are demanding that ABC not air this show. It proclaims that the Clinton administration were responsible for not killing Osama Bin laden when they had an easy chance. None of which ever happened according to many CIA and whitehouse officials.

One review said: “Factually shaky, politically inflammatory and photographically a mess, The Path to 9/11…has something not just to offend everyone but also to depress them.”

So now the entire thing is being recut for its american airing time, problem is that its AFTER our scheduled airing, will channel 7 just show the incorrect one?

For some more info on this see:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/5326706.stm
http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/09/08/abc.movie/index.html
http://www.roadtosurfdom.com/2006/09/09/strike-a-blow-for-accurate-history-2/#comments
http://thinkprogress.org/?tag=Path+to+911

CNN even have Harvey Keitel saying he had grave doubts about the accuracy of the project!

Any thoughts?

N

Oh no!

Say it aint so......:rolleyes:

|Matt|

Banned
I'm just pissed they cancelled Boston Legal and Scrubs. I was very upset.:(
To tell the story of how hundreds, maybe thousands (im not sure on figures, it was a lot..) of people died I think you can miss Boston Legal and Scrubs once.

Have some respect.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Duuuuude, relax!

1) I think we all know what went down on Sept.11
2) this amount of people die at least once a week of AIDS in Africa...., add to that communal conflict and civil war and you're getting into the tens of thousands.
3) more people have died as a result of America's reaction to Sept.11 (like at least X 20!)
4) the show was a Republican propaganda piece, not a realistic depiction of what happened anyway.

It's really not that big a deal

W2ttsy

Likes Dirt
To tell the story of how hundreds, maybe thousands (im not sure on figures, it was a lot..) of people died I think you can miss Boston Legal and Scrubs once.

Have some respect.
by telling the story you mean spout some bullcrap about conspiracies and coverups and then pass if off for the truth? :rolleyes:

i want alan shaw back please!

W2ttsy

skwiz05

Likes Bikes and Dirt
if you havent already, watch "loose change", you can download it for free off the net
Yeah ok, i was only fishing for for any 'loosers' and conspirators.....
Ive seen loose change, and the counter to it from 'screw loose change' and the rest....

And as for 'path to 9/11', I understand that it isnt really meant to be a documentary nor a theory, but simply a story based on many accounts and sources (of varying accuracy) to show a 'generalised' interpretation.
I dont read into this being a conspiracy theory as, if you read the trailers and pre-intro, is stated that its just a story based on sourced info, not a 'true story' as some think.

I found it no different than, say, the movie made about Lindy chaimberlain, - its just a movie - a story...

mtb_slipknot_fan

Likes Dirt
i watched this (well actually loose change 2) on the history channel last night insted of the doco movie thing on channel 7. before i seen that i believed everything that the media said about it. but some of the questions this doco raised were too big to ignore like why did the govt strongly deny that there was bombs in the building when according to countless accounts from fire fighters that there was bombs going off in the building. and also that half of the hijackers that were said to be on the planes were actually found ALIVE. you should watch it theres a lot more then these 2 qs that are raised i found it quite interesting.

Oliver.

Liquid Productions
I'm just pissed they cancelled Boston Legal and Scrubs. I was very upset.:(

Oh my god I so agree with you!!!! Those were my EXACT thougts. I am a sucker for both those shows, a religious follower.

johnny said:
Duuuuude, relax!

1) I think we all know what went down on Sept.11
2) this amount of people die at least once a week of AIDS in Africa...., add to that communal conflict and civil war and you're getting into the tens of thousands.
3) more people have died as a result of America's reaction to Sept.11 (like at least X 20!)
4) the show was a Republican propaganda piece, not a realistic depiction of what happened anyway.

It's really not that big a deal
My thoughts exactly....We really didnt need another documentary on 9/11
I really liked the one the two brothers did a while back...

Last edited:

Battler

Likes Dirt
Im pretty sure i rather have seen scrubs!!! We all know the rough idea of the story, why bring it up again?. as johny said we have problems like this everyday occurring and yet still there not publisised for some 4 hour long recount. Yet still it was sad and in respect i guess it had to be done and there were things we didnt know that were brought up but then again how do we know what to beleive??