The pet thread, post em up!

mark22

Likes Dirt
That’s awesome. He looks a bit like our Sammy, similar back story too. I wonder how Sammy will go in the kayak…
I see a few dogs on them too.
I think the Water Woofer jacket hugs him and possibly makes him feel secure, he's fallen of quite a few times mainly due to FOMO when getting in sight of the beach with the prospect of sniffing stuff.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
This little one was living in the drain at the local RTA. Has 2 other siblings that are next on the trapping list. Not exactly thrilled on her new surroundings, but is way less wild then the last couple I’ve trapped.
And no, her face isn’t photoshopped.

View attachment 388347
Did you manage to get them all into one pillow case before throwing it into the river?

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I don’t know throwing a live animal into a river inside a bag to let it drown a terrifying death is the answer. But sure, the less cats, foxes and humans in Australia means a better outlook for native animals. And yes, there should be a ban on animal breeding (dog and cat) until there are no longer pets in shelters getting put down.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I don’t know throwing a live animal into a river inside a bag to let it drown a terrifying death is the answer. But sure, the less cats, foxes and humans in Australia means a better outlook for native animals. And yes, there should be a ban on animal breeding (dog and cat) until there are no longer pets in shelters getting put down.
Piss-weak return-pet-to-owner by council approaches, no fines, no active trapping measures, no breeding restrictions/policing, no access to drop the animal off to council or vet to have it dispatched 'humanly' and it's hardly a surprise it happens. Feral cats are rampant in the 'burbs round me too. It's a terrible thing to do to them, but just letting them breed and roam free most definitely isn't a preferable alternative.

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Piss-weak return-pet-to-owner by council approaches, no fines, no active trapping measures, no breeding restrictions/policing, no access to drop the animal off to council or vet to have it dispatched 'humanly' and it's hardly a surprise it happens. Feral cats are rampant in the 'burbs round me too. It's a terrible thing to do to them, but just letting them breed and roam free most definitely isn't a preferable alternative.
Most active trapping measures are undertaken by rescue groups, who volunteer there own time (and money) trapping cats on the streets or from hoarders. If you care so much about it you should join one of the local groups in your area and help out where you can :) Every de sexed cat is probably 10 less cats a year born :)

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It's a terrible thing to do to them, but just letting them breed and roam free most definitely isn't a preferable alternative.
You can trap the cats and take them to the pound, if they are not microchipped and are wild the pound will most likely take it to a vet to be humanely euthanized. Personally I prefer TNR (trap neuter return) and let colony cats live out their lives, but its your time spent catching them and if you see humanely putting them down as better thats fine :)
But, killing cats in a terrifying manner isnt the answer, its illegal and hopefully winds the perp up with some jail time or fine...or thrown into a river themselves :)

Last edited:

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
You can trap the cats and take them to the pound, if they are not microchipped and are wild the pound will most likely take it to a vet to be humanely euthanized. Personally I prefer TNR (trap neuter return) and let colony cats live out their lives, but its your time spent catching them and if you see humanely putting them down as better thats fine :)
But, killing cats in a terrifying manner isnt the answer, its illegal and hopefully winds the perp up with some jail time or fine...or thrown into a river themselves :)
Literally just came home to this in my courtyard. Bitten by a cat just enough to kill, but not for food. Wasn’t there this morning. “Oh, but I only let my cat out during the day” say the self-proclaimed ‘responsible’ cat owners. :rolleyes: For whatever it’s worth - The cat isn’t the problem, it’s the morons that let them out. For the record, neutering doesn’t stop a cat hunting (and hunting for no reason other than their own entertainment).

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Literally just came home to this in my courtyard. Bitten by a cat just enough to kill, but not for food. Wasn’t there this morning. “Oh, but I only let my cat out during the day” say the self-proclaimed ‘responsible’ cat owners. :rolleyes: For whatever it’s worth - The cat isn’t the problem, it’s the morons that let them out. For the record, neutering doesn’t stop a cat hunting (and hunting for no reason other than their own entertainment).
View attachment 388361
Yep. It's the owners that need to be spayed, with a rusty bow saw.

andrew9

Likes Dirt
Growing up on the farm, traps weren't a thing, and we didn't own a gun, not that blasting a very flighty feral cat would be an easy task.

So we would keep an eye the fat mums every spring and once they had their litter we would follow the mum to find the little ones before they could walk.
We put the newborn kittens in a bucket, they either got the bucket quickly filled with water through a hole in the lid, or got a sharp spade to the neck.
I think drowning would be better than being decapitated, in case anyone needed any ideas for my birthday.
It was not a pleasant task, but better than having a new bunch of killers growing up in the district.

Getting rid of the breeding adults never lasted long anyway, seems a new cat always came to take the old ones territory.
I don't think anyone should have cats in this country, just my opinion

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yep, 100% there shouldn’t be any cats in the country. I’d argue the same for foxes and dogs. It seems like a pointless task catching and desexing cats, as there are so many and you could spend your lifetime and it’ll never be finished, but I Spose every bit helps even if it pissing in the wind.