The Photo Snob Thread

CraigS

Likes Dirt
Cheers Sam. It is actually 3 images blended using layer mask's. I just missed the front rim:(
There's no way I could get that even lighting with only 2 flashes in one shot unless I went for a long exposure.
I'll have to get myself a CPL filter but I'm waiting till my parents head to NY at Christmas, I've started my list from B&H photo for them to get for me. A CPL and a 10 stop are at the top of the list.

Sam91

Likes Bikes
Cheers Sam. It is actually 3 images blended using layer mask's. I just missed the front rim:(
There's no way I could get that even lighting with only 2 flashes in one shot unless I went for a long exposure.
I'll have to get myself a CPL filter but I'm waiting till my parents head to NY at Christmas, I've started my list from B&H photo for them to get for me. A CPL and a 10 stop are at the top of the list.
haha fair call mate, also turning down the saturation on the rims might also help with the mixed tones as well :) Once I get my 10-20mm ill be looking at a 10 stop as well, better start saving!

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
You're gonna to wait 6 months to save $100? C'mon fella...you've gotta spend money to make money.

CraigS

Likes Dirt
It will be a Christmas pressie Tristan. There's no such thing as money to spend when you have a wife and two kids on a minimum wage. I can only spend money on my camera as I earn it unfortunately. I want another light stand and second soft box next. Portraits seem to make more money than landscapes so far.:D

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
It will be a Christmas pressie Tristan. There's no such thing as money to spend when you have a wife and two kids on a minimum wage. I can only spend money on my camera as I earn it unfortunately. I want another light stand and second soft box next. Portraits seem to make more money than landscapes so far.:D
Ah they joys of expensive hobbies.

Photography I mean...not the wife and kids.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Ah they joys of expensive hobbies.

Photography I mean...not the wife and kids.
Hahahahaha, that made me laugh!

Jase. Epic shots from KOB.
Tris, just checked out your new work on the site, Montreal in autumn looks amazing.
Drew, loving those BMX shots. Well done.

Jaydawgz

Likes Dirt
Hey guys,
Just wondering if it's better off getting one 580ex II than say two yongnuo flashes.
I already have a 430ex II, so for general portraits, sports shots and such, will two flashes be enough?
Just want to know if it's worth spending the extra money.

Also, cactus v5's are the best/cheapest triggers to go for?

Cheers :D

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Hey guys,
Just wondering if it's better off getting one 580ex II than say two yongnuo flashes.
I already have a 430ex II, so for general portraits, sports shots and such, will two flashes be enough?
Just want to know if it's worth spending the extra money.

Also, cactus v5's are the best/cheapest triggers to go for?

Cheers :D
Jay, is this a direct copy and paste from a few pages back? Just go back and read over what everyone posted.

zac

Likes Dirt
Hey peoples,

I'm looking at doing some home developing of black and white film (mainly Ilford stuff, but I've got some Tri-X to try as well) and was talking to someone at a Camera House tonight regarding ordering some chemistry. I said that I was after some developer and fixer at least, and perhaps some stop bath, and was told that all I need is developer. Everything I've read on the net regarding this says I need fixer, as in its non-negotiable, but he reckons its completely unnecessary... Can anyone clear this up for me?

Cheers - Zac

Jaydawgz

Likes Dirt
Jay, is this a direct copy and paste from a few pages back? Just go back and read over what everyone posted.
Well at first I thought no, hence why I asked, but now I'm worried I'm forgetting something..
I'll take a squizz.

Edit: I had a look, found the posts. The reason I wasn't sure about the Yongnuo was because they don't have hss, and I would like to get into more high speed photography. (I know that it doesn't make it the full on, proper high-speed.)

Last edited:

CraigS

Likes Dirt
Any surf photographer's out there, get on this:

http://magicseaweed.com/Tasman-Shootout-Content/3315/

Based on the swell charts off Shipstern's the coming swell will hit just under 50ft tomorrow so the whole east coast will be pumping. I'm heading to a big wave spot south of Sydney tomorrow morning if anyone wants to join me.

Edit: Nice shots Alex, the first one might be just a fraction over exposed though as his shirt blends into the wall. I'm trying to organise some similar shots to number 2 myself. Good work

Last edited:

saMfish

Likes Dirt
Shit for sale!
Hey dudes, I'm chucking my 40d up for sale as it's time for an upgrade.

$700 gets you a Canon 40d w/ BG-E2N battery grip, 2 batteries, a charger and a cable release ($7 off ebay, pretty shit). The body is in great condition, everything works perfectly. It has a few small scuffs (none on the screen, which is perfect), but what do you expect from a 4 year old camera?

For a once-off price of just $1300, you get a 2-year subscription into the Photo Snobs Elite Photographers Alliance (PSEPA), and if you buy within the next week, you'll get a free, yes, free, Canon 35mm f/1.4L. This lens retails for $1800 (online, even more expensive from shops) and is in perfect condition. I'm bored. Don't judge me.

Just to clear things up:
40d w/ extras: $700
35mm f/1.4L: $1300
If anyone is interested, please PM me!

Last edited:

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Well at first I thought no, hence why I asked, but now I'm worried I'm forgetting something..
I'll take a squizz.

Edit: I had a look, found the posts. The reason I wasn't sure about the Yongnuo was because they don't have hss, and I would like to get into more high speed photography. (I know that it doesn't make it the full on, proper high-speed.)
If you want to get into high speeds, the V5's arn't going to help you. If that's the case, invest in the 580EXII and some Pocket Wizards. But I hope you or your parents have deep pockets!:D

Jaydawgz

Likes Dirt
If you want to get into high speeds, the V5's arn't going to help you. If that's the case, invest in the 580EXII and some Pocket Wizards. But I hope you or your parents have deep pockets!:D
Oh balls.
Pocket wizards are some what pricy..

Damn it sucks having to decide between camera gear vs bike gear.