The Photo Snob Thread

tu plang

knob
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
It seemed worthwhile repeating.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
I don't know if it's my place to mention this, but HeavyP, you have posted 1 shot in the thread....1!!!!! And as has already been pointed out, it aint that good.
If you were posting images regularly and to the calibre of others in here, then I'd say you have a right to voice your opinion. Enjoy your trip to Hong Kong for "work"!!! Tosser.

vtwiz

Likes Dirt
I don't know if it's my place to mention this, but HeavyP, you have posted 1 shot in the thread....1!!!!! And as has already been pointed out, it aint that good.
If you were posting images regularly and to the calibre of others in here, then I'd say you have a right to voice your opinion. Enjoy your trip to Hong Kong for "work"!!! Tosser.
Doesn't really matter if HeavyP has posted 1 photo or 100 photos, he does speak the truth.

Gluey_trails

Likes Dirt
Here's some feed back for ya, don't listen to a word Tristian said to you!
Time to chime in here. Having met tristan before and knowing his iron fist opinion in here (Macro flowers anyone?) I am not offended by what he has said. His thoughts are as valid as anybody else's (your's included). Saying "feedback wanted" is always going to get mixed reviews. After all, it's the photo snob thread. Heavyp, you've proved to be a snob, much like tristan. You have different opinions, no need to make personal attacks.

Callan.

Farkin Gorilla.
Haha don't be jealous!

I get paid to sit on a plane and drink whiskey with a photographer and the assistant, get off at the other end straight to the hotel drink eat and have a good night, sleep in, go to a massive high rise set up a computer wait for some files to come in, check everything's going fine, back everything up make a story board and show the client. Pack the computer up back to hotel process some images relax have a day off and fly back to Oz. 2 days travel and 2 hours work 1500 in the pocket, thanks for coming!

Just incase you wanted to know what work was for me.
So you're not actually a photographer then?

Only $1500?

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I like to lurk around here every now and then. Holy crap, you're all a bunch of bitchy teen girls

Not that I'm any better now

Unlearn

Likes Dirt
Thanks for the comments and references guys! it's much appreciated. I apologise if I inflamed the VSCO argument with my light hearted comment also.

Heavyp - Everybody is entitled to their opinion, thats what makes photography subjective. What i'd like to see is some validation to your arguments, which Tristan provided, instead of the "This looks OK and this looks shit" statements, it's created a situation that's not productive to anyone. Your comments only serve to strengthen peoples opinions of Tristan...

Myself excluded, there are a number of people here who ARE working photographers, and they are very good at what they do, I can't see why you'd discredit them.

Last edited:

Unlearn

Likes Dirt
If you want me to take 2 photos and comp them together ill do it, I took one shot and it was the first time i have ever tried it and it was shot at 1.4, I do not give a shit what it looks like i just put it up for shits and giggles critic it all you want I may even take some of it in, I'm just over douche bags who think there killing it and that think a quick 300 dollar photo shoot gives them the right to not even help people out.

Canon did not put so much work into the 5dmk3, it's the same sensor as the 5dmk2 and they managed to fit 900.000 more pixels on it, the 5dmk2 needs decent focus and that's what they did oh and added about another stop in its ISO. Canon are used my about 80% of the advertising/commercial /fashion photography world and I'm yet to see any photog go over 640iso using a 5dmk3 as it starts to look like junk. But you lot viewing images on the net at 72dpi prob not even notice as its clear you guys have no fucking clue what your looking at.
Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited:

Capone

Likes Dirt
Wow this turned catty. Why don't you both piss off until you can comment without personal attacks

Photography is an art form as such we all see things differently. Doesn't means its right nor does it mean its wrong

mitchy_

Llama calmer
I like to lurk around here every now and then. Holy crap, you're all a bunch of bitchy teen girls

Not that I'm any better now
Wow this turned catty. Why don't you both piss off until you can comment without personal attacks

Photography is an art form as such we all see things differently. Doesn't means its right nor does it mean its wrong
what they said. keep it to photography, not faggotry.