The Photo Snob Thread

I played around a fair bit and haven't been able to get really any focus with any smaller objects ..? Not sure why, camera won't focus them on auto with macro either.
Elliot, this may sound stupid but try moving closer or further away. I've found that it often has to be at the sweet spot which can be hard to find. (Presuming you still have the same camera as you did when I last saw you.)

alexx23

Likes Dirt
ek155, thanks mate, i agree, i thinks its because i don't like going past f.2.5 on my 50mm 1.8 on my 1000d, i find that any wider than f2.5 the faces end up going too soft. This is probably due to my ability not the lens or camera.

The composition is pretty crappy i know, and she wouldn't let me move any closer, haha, she is my girlfriend, and gets very sick of me and my camera...

Oh and great shots, although your sensor is a tad dusty, so it mine.. ehh.

Last edited:

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
I have. Spent a couple of days with it in Paris. Awesome lens...pretty much everything you'd expect for the price you're paying. Sharp, fast, contrasty - without doubt the perfect zoom for a crop-body Nikon.
Then that's the lens to get. I'm tossing up this or the 24-70 f/2.8. Since I want to go wider more than longer (and taking into account, the crop body), I figure the 17-55mm is the one to go for. It also costs a bit less than the 24-70 but also gives me a reasonable length for potrait shots etc.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
I played around a fair bit and haven't been able to get really any focus with any smaller objects ..? Not sure why, camera won't focus them on auto with macro either.
Read bellow.
Elliot, this may sound stupid but try moving closer or further away. I've found that it often has to be at the sweet spot which can be hard to find. (Presuming you still have the same camera as you did when I last saw you.)
It's because the camera/lens has a minimim focus distance. Too close, it can't focus!

freeride-freak

Likes Dirt
Ek155- those are all sick, i especially like the vibe in the last one.

Had a try making a really dodgey lightbox. It was made from the box my camera came in which is quite small so there wasnt much space to play with composition... ill make a proper one some time soon but here is what i came up with after 5 minutes.

alexx23

Likes Dirt
I like most of his landscape photos, the others not so much though, car ones have been pretty heavily processed, not to my likeing!

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Att snobs:

Anyone near Douglas Park , Sydney able to do a photo shoot tonight for a visiting US DH race team ? They need shots for a press release Friday morning our time. Sorry about the late notice. Time is running out fast !

PM me asap if you can help out.

Cheers :)

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Att snobs:

Anyone near Douglas Park , Sydney able to do a photo shoot tonight for a visiting US DH race team ? They need shots for a press release Friday morning our time. Sorry about the late notice. Time is running out fast !

PM me asap if you can help out.

Cheers :)
Sorted. Thanks for your time. :)

wombat

Lives in a hole
Long time. Some pretty damn impressive stuff here too (looking at you Ek, and that split toned snowscape; that could so live on my wall!).

My Tammy's still backfocusing a tad too, probably should get that calibrated. In the meantime, here's a couple from Monday night at the theatre, complete with the smashed blacks from lightroom, yay.

Chrissy

Lizotts:

Dave:

Ms Amphlett again:

Baby Animals:

Last edited:

Unlearn

Likes Dirt
Angus Scott Photography[/URL]
My friends photos... IMO, he's pretty good! I think he's working on a proper website ATM...
I like his work actually. I'm keen to see what gear he's using. His vignetting is a little harsh imo, and some of the other pics need a little work, but great overall. Nice one!