The Photo Snob Thread

brodie_rider

Likes Dirt
Hey there Snobbers.

Been taking a bunch of photos lately and trying my hand at a bit of basic editing, I think they're looking pretty fine, but thats my amateur mind talking, so I thought I would flaunt them to the world of the Proper photographers who actually know what they are doing.
Any CC would be immensely appreciated. In fact, any tips or ideas in general would be immensely appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

First Macro Shot. Unedited

Sydney Harbour NYE

Texture.Macro.Unedietd

Thanks guys.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/common_photography/
thats my flickr if anyone wants to scope through some more.

pharcyde

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Will do. Any recommendations of where to buy? I'll need a 55mm.

No editing software as of yet. Just what Photobucket offer. I played around with the saturation on both a little. Is this too much???
....snip!!!
Just and example of what could be done.

CraigS

Likes Dirt
Just and example of what could be done.

That's why I can wait to get my new computer and get CS4 or similar. Like your work. Thanks for the advise. Can I ask out of a 2x or 4x Neutral Density Filter, which one would be better for these types of shots to use longer exposure. Obviously 4x will give the option of longer exposure than the 2x but for your more common shots, would the 2x be money better spent?
http://www.digitalcamerawarehouse.com.au/prod3286.htm

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
I'd go the 3 stop (ND8) also but if you can get something higher, go for it. I think B+W make a 9-stop ND filter which enables 1-2min exposures in broad daylight *drools*.

You might even want to look at getting something like a drop-in filter set, much like the Cokin P-series. Additional filters are pretty cheap off the likes of eBay etc.

wazza2282

Likes Dirt
Hey all.

Here are some images ive taken lately. Feel free to CC them and please ignore the loss of detail, i resized them small enough to upload.

thanks.

Attachments

Last edited:

CraigS

Likes Dirt
Singlespeeding - Love the second one, can you tell me how long the exposure was? The fourth is great too, the only blemishes are the corner of the table and the mark on the wall in the background. Otherwise, nice work.

Tupper - absolutely astounding. I dream of getting shots like this.

Singlespeeding - Love the second one, can you tell me how long the exposure was? The fourth is great too, the only blemishes are the corner of the table and the mark on the wall in the background. Otherwise, nice work.

Tupper - absolutely astounding. I dream of getting shots like this.
Exposure was 130s @ f8 Its the pier in Strahan on the west coast