The Photo Snob Thread

bmxer

Likes Dirt
Yeah, great photos of those dirt jumps. My only criticism could be that the rider is always more or less in the centre of the frame, not necessarily a bad thing though. All up pretty perfect, i dig them all.
yehh he only did like 6 or so runs so i didn't have time to change angle and there was trees everywhere,thanks for the repays

{ScarFace}

Likes Dirt
My first go at Photo shop
Just tell us what you think and how to improve it, and what to use to get rid of where I screwed up the arm

And yes this is Shanii for anyone who saw our thread

Attachments

sikpuppyonglory

Likes Dirt
ok something different for a change, took some late last night, mainly just stuffing around with a couple of settings.

running a nikon d70s with sb800 flash this is what i came up with.

first photo : 18mm, f 14.0, 4.0sec shutter, iso 640,
sb800 setup as 1/8 power with a repeater flash of 4x1 hertz

second photo : same as above

third photo : 35mm, f 14.0, 4.0sec shutter, iso 640,
& same sb800 setup as other 2 piccies.

then I slightly dabbled in the rawshooter program to tweak a few settings of the original raw photo.

comments please;)

Attachments

gorilla

Likes Bikes
i'm looking to take some better shots than my kodak easyshare camera is capable of and this seems like a good place to ask.

so any ideas on a first decent camera (and rough price) will be greatly apprciated.

thanks.

little man

Likes Dirt
:)Thanks Ben.

Gorilla; If you mean an SLR go for a Canon 400D/XTI or the recently released Canon 450D/XSI. the 400Ds should be really cheap.

Bowlo

Eats Squid
Little Man thats heaps sick!

Ok, so I got offered by a mate his brand new 40D. I'm currently using a 30d, do you think it would be worth upgrading?

LJohn

Likes Dirt
My boss (and good friend) is about to receive an EOS 1DS Mark II. Hot freakin damn. Can't wait to see the results.

timmyDH

Ok, new photo project for the next couple of weeks SELF PORTRAIT

I'll start things off with this one i shot this morning

wombat

Lives in a hole
Working on a task for uni. Here's a couple of test shots I took with the digital (yeah, I know it's probably cheating, but I haven't learnt to see in black and white yet, and there's not enough frames on a film to allow for all my fuckups!)