The Photo Snob Thread

takai

Eats Squid
A couple out of a series i shot last night at about 1am while freezing my arse off in only a thin jumper.

National Library

NMA

They are basically straight off the camera, will probably do a bit more PP on them later, but for now they came up pretty nicely.

C&C is good too.

nizai

Likes Dirt
Takai, second one is great. I like photos that take my eye a while to get my bearings. This is one of em :D

One from me with the 10-20 today...

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Just out of curiosity, who else managed to get a media passs?
Got a press pass for the round at Schladming. Realistically, it's rediculously simple to get them. I'm the "official" Farkin.net photographer for the Schladming WC :rolleyes:

takai

Eats Squid
Ooops, just got back from the 4X, and realised that i kind of didnt attach the flash properly, meaning it was misfiring a whole heap :(

Chaperoning the parents too (trying to make sure they didnt wander into media zones) so i didnt bother checking too much.

takai

Eats Squid
Not yet, im stealing my parents wireless broadband, and already hammered it. They only get 2gb a month :(

Edit: ok, you twisted my arm:

Thank goodness for RAW. The first one the flash fired, obviously, the second one it didnt. I figured out with some playing this morning that if the flash isnt fully seated on the hotshoe, it will still fire, but you lose ETTL, which means it fires full power and even with Enerloops it cant recharge THAT quickly. So a lot of the flash shots were over-exposed, bar a few where i was far enough away that full power on the 430EX balanced ok.

The other bummer is that because i was assuming that i could shoot ETTL i was also assuming that i was exposing with the flash synced, where i wasnt, so my shutter speeds were woeful (until i switched to manual at the end). Lessons learnt i guess.

Last edited:

cam.w

Likes Bikes
Got this camera about a month and a half ago, haven't used it much. School aths day came up and since i'm injured, thought, why not take some photo's.

c & c welcome as i'm only learning how to use this badboy.

Also, a good editing program? don't have one.

* Both were shot with a Nikon D60 using 55-200 lens and both are un-edited.

Last edited:

nizai

Likes Dirt

A HDR rework of a shot from yesterday. I think using an ultra wide is most fun because you can stand 1m away from a subject as big as this and still fit it all in.

This is a single file conversion too, none of this +2, -2 messing about.

N

bmxer

Likes Dirt

A HDR rework of a shot from yesterday. I think using an ultra wide is most fun because you can stand 1m away from a subject as big as this and still fit it all in.

This is a single file conversion too, none of this +2, -2 messing about.

N
that looks really good.Looks verry dave hill