The Photo Snob Thread

conor.1

Genetic Throwback
got the photos processed today. one of the rolls i had processed was used before i went to Borneo (nov-dec)

scanning as we speak

saMfish

Likes Dirt
got the photos processed today. one of the rolls i had processed was used before i went to Borneo (nov-dec)

scanning as we speak
Mad, can't wait.

Sick shot, Olly. I agree with James though ^^
Maybe if you turned down the brightness on the shoe, it wouldn't look so odd.

conor.1

Genetic Throwback
here we go Sam.
First pic: Nick Burton getting his shred on. 150mm

A bit of candid action with derelikt

Drews old old colour

and one of me that kyle took

syko

Likes Dirt
Conor that first one is pretty awesome! What's the ASA on the film your using? Also what film are you using?

Some simple portraits of friends today.

Renae

Haylie

Chloe

Last edited:

saMfish

Likes Dirt
Love them all except for the candid, dude. First one takes it for me, you need a better scanner or some lower ASA film ^^ Grain to the max!
Also, you should invest in a flickr.com account, you'll love it.

Last edited:

conor.1

Genetic Throwback
Conor that first one is sweet!! What's the ASA on the film your using? Also what film are you using?
that was taken on fugi film 200

Love them all except for the candid, dude. First one takes it for me, you need a better scanner or some lower ASA film ^^ Grain to the max!
cheers man
haha 200 man. probably need a better scanner.
whats wrong with the candid?

saMfish

Likes Dirt
whats wrong with the candid?
Dunno, the kid's look just seems to annoy me. Also, bottom right hand corner of the frame, you have a snake ^^ It's a bit distracting. Great photos overall though, dude.

Am liking the first one the most, Ben. Get a huge white reflector camera right and it would be mad!

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I took my camera to work today and grabbed a few pics. I'm not posting to showcase camera or editing skills but more so for the content of the picture.

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ok, My friends got $1500ish to spend on a camera. Hit us up with ideas. She's open to everything and anything. She's a bit of a nikon snob. I shout 450D.

Or second hand.. She's completly opposed.

Convince her.

saMfish

Likes Dirt
Second hand 40d all the way. You can get some that have been barely used, not too sure on price but they're out there. A 450d with some glass may go alright if she has small hands, but if she has man-hands then I'd strongly recommend against it.

Nettheim

Likes Dirt
on the subject of following trends... I bought a Canon EOS 620 three days ago for $50 off ebay. Thing that attracted me was the pro build and 1/250th flash-sync, something you can't buy except for the pro series cameras.
I wont be shooting fast sports so the slow autofocus dosen't bother me.,

saMfish

Likes Dirt
Yeah I saw that on your flickr a few days back. I just can't really justify spending that much money on film/processing, I guess I could process my own photos (I did two years of it at school in an oldschool darkroom, was fairly epic).. if I were to get one, it'd be pretty old and probably a Pentax. I'll think about it ^^

Edit: After browsing eBay for a bit, I reckon the Pentax k1000 would be nice, anyone had any experience with it?

Last edited:

Toff

Likes Dirt
Edit: After browsing eBay for a bit, I reckon the Pentax k1000 would be nice, anyone had any experience with it?
Shot a roll of film with one once, my impression was: It's solid. Feels like you could throw it to the ground and it would just scratch (probably shouldn't try that though..).

Definately not "ergonomic" though, like most SLR's of the era.

From what I've heard, they have a reputation for being reliable in less than ideal conditions.